Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

just bought a eg need input!!!

Old 08-04-2006, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a eg need input!!!

ok i got a few questions that i need answerd........

i just bought a 95 hatch with a boosted mini me.it is the d15 bottom end,with a zc head.it has a home made turbo set up (t3/t4 turbo) and it is currently running 10lbs.the car has a blown head gasket so i have not put no time on it to see what this thing is all about.i just picked it up for 1k.i was wanting to know about how much boost is going to be fine to run.i was thinking of turning it down to around 8lbs for everyday driving and if some ricer punk wants to try me up i need to know what will be a safe number to boost without slinging my rods on the street.the engine itself is supposed to have around 45k on it.i am going through it tomarrow to see if everything is still in good running shape before i spend money on just replacing the headgasket and this thing come apart and have to buy another.if you guys have any ideas or experiance with this kind of set up please give me info,and if anybody has any idea of what kind of times it will run (1/8th or 1/4 mile) please let me know as i allready have someone wanting to run me when it is all back together (dont want to take the race and get my ass handed to me lol) well thanks in advance guys.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:33 PM

oh ya i also got a set of gsr injectors with this car.will they work on this engine?if so will these be better to run?i am just getting back into honda's and need to start reading up again,lol it seems i have just forgot everything i allready researched 2 years ago.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:05 PM

The biggest issue besides the setup being mechanically sound is tuning.
phearable.net is your friend.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 08-04-2006, 10:27 PM

mechanically sound? i am lost,lol
Old 08-05-2006, 02:54 AM

compression and leak-down test will give you the best idea of how mechanically sound the engine is. HG will be the first issue, while the head is off have it vacuum tested to confirm the valves are seating.

As MTBER said, tunning will be most important.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:55 AM

yea my brotha has a got a d15 n runs 8lbs all the time n its fine is gonna get it tuned sometime soon by mtber for more boost. but is works fine. havent had any problems.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:14 PM

ok i got the car going today and DAAAUUMNN i was very suprised at the power this thing puts down.and also the pistons are definatly low compression and not stock.the dish in them is very deep looks like a ceral boal.i just had one problem on the way home from a meet.the gasket between the manifold and turbo blew out and i need to know were to buy one.i am in ga and none of the shops have any.it is just a squaree gasket with 4 bolt holes and the center is cut out for the exhaust to flow through.i need this asap.any shops in tampa carry this gasket?can i just go to a parts store and buy one for a factory turbo car?if needed i can get some measurments.a dork fish at a local shop told me to cut up some thin metal the shape of the gasket and use that,but that just does not seem like it would work to well.and i am not the type to rig shit up.any info is much appreciated.and rep points will be givin