Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Honda/Acura Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/honda-acura-tech/)
-   -   Yay! When things couldent get worse THEY DID :( (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/honda-acura-tech/253033-yay-when-things-couldent-get-worse-they-did.html)

B18C5-EG 08-11-2005 02:46 PM

Yay! When things couldent get worse THEY DID :(

Well things where already bad when i had to force my car into gear or shift at 2500 RPM'S to get it into gear. But no it wants to completly fuck me over. LOL when i didnt think it could get any worse it did :(. Well now when it is stopped and i start the car in neutral i CAN NOT put it into gear like even if i force the hell out of it, it will not go into gear when the car is on. Also to get around the problem i have to shut the car off and put it into 1st gear (when the cars off its easy to put into gear i dont even have to force it except for reverse) then when i crank my car to turn it on (this is the funny part) my car jerk forward and will start moving w/o me on the gas and letting off the clutch 100% :whoa: lol.
And Yes I:
Flushed the tranny
Replaced with Honda MTF
Replaced Clutch Master Cylinder
Replaced Slave Master Cylinder
Flushed the clutch fluid over 50 times
Hooked everything up right

So any opinons on what my problem could be? Im going with my clutch is on its last legs its the stock clutch. But any other opinions would be helpful

B18C5-EG 08-11-2005 02:47 PM

BTW ITR Tranny

Cronic 08-11-2005 02:49 PM

It's one of two things. The clutch is very fucked up. Or your tranny is shot. Usually there are signs of either one of these happening, way before this problem occurs. You really should have known something bad was going to happen.

Derka 08-11-2005 03:06 PM

Sounds like the clutch disk is fucked. Something similar happend to my teg after i bought it. The springs on the disk were real messed up.

freakasis 08-11-2005 03:41 PM

i had a problem like this when i used an oem throw out bearing with an act disk. it turns out that the 2 are not compatible. the middle piece was rubbing on the disk and keeping the clutch from fully disengaging. even though the fork was moving all the way. i must have removed that tranny 6 times. i didnt notice until i saw a little rub mark on the center piece of the disk.

vonrobins 08-11-2005 05:07 PM

do u have a hydro tranny cause if u do u tranns is not bleeded all the way ,, happen to a couple friends of mines

opiumdaze 08-11-2005 07:10 PM

r tranny so it is hydro.

hybrid ek 08-12-2005 02:25 PM

every time I have had that problem it has turned out to be the pressure plate. I ended up taking my whole clutch assembly up bay city clutch and they found cracks in the pressure plate diaphram and that wouldnt let it fully disengage.

civicized 08-12-2005 02:28 PM

bad cylinder

Bad master or slave cyl
Check for leading inside your car on firewall behind master. If nothing there, pry off the rubber boot covering the push rod between the slave and clucth arm. Betting you will see a load of nasty black fluid.
If dry at both cylinders and you have not been losing fluid from your revervoir, likely just needs to be bled at the slave cyl bleeder.

94EG_Hatch 08-12-2005 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by civicized
Bad master or slave cyl
Check for leading inside your car on firewall behind master. If nothing there, pry off the rubber boot covering the push rod between the slave and clucth arm. Betting you will see a load of nasty black fluid.
If dry at both cylinders and you have not been losing fluid from your revervoir, likely just needs to be bled at the slave cyl bleeder.

Seriously ? NO ! lol He has a mechanical Issue. There is something binding in the tranny, hed feel it in the pedal if it was the slave or master. I say bad clutch assy..

Originally Posted by Vonrobins
do u have a hydro tranny cause if u do u tranns is not bleeded all the way ,, happen to a couple friends of mines

Bleeded ? Lets try Bled, and you dont bleed a Tranny. You bleed a Clutch Slave Cylinder. I doubt thats his problem. Its only when the cars on IE Things are spinning. If the Engine is still engaged by a bad Clutch the tranny wont shift the synchros wont line up right. Whenits off everything is sitting still... Easy to line up a synchro ! Common sence and trouboe shooting point towards your Clutch assy. Time to get a new one ! If thats in good shape something in your tranny is bad ie. Shift Fork...