Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Honda/Acura Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/honda-acura-tech/)
-   -   Car won't start???? (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/honda-acura-tech/110808-car-wont-start.html)

krazynuttz23 09-25-2003 09:02 PM

Car won't start????

Ok, here's my situation. I have a '96 Honda Accord Lx Coupe. Yesterday, I noticed my tank was almost on empty (but gas light did not come on yet), and was gonna get some gas but got caught up talking to my friend and forgot, and so I decided to get it that next day. This morning I tried to start my car but it wouldn't start. It would crank up, but would not completely turn on. I put more gas in, but still no luck. Tried pushing the gas pedal while starting it, i tried pushing the car while trying to start it by putting it in gear, but still no luck. I really don't want to take it to the shop cuz I'm really low on money right now. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

krazynuttz23 09-25-2003 09:03 PM

oh yeah i changed the plugs and wires last week as well (if that helps). thanx.

rangcrx 09-25-2003 09:26 PM

check in your fuse box i think its fuse 3 or 4 or hell check them all let me no

krazynuttz23 09-25-2003 09:35 PM

k, i will do that tomorrow.. just wondering, would running low on fuel trigger my fuse to short circuit?

Keith 09-25-2003 09:48 PM

Originally posted by rangcrx
check in your fuse box i think its fuse 3 or 4 or hell check them all let me no
you mean know... also why do you think it is a fuse??? im not too sure what it is... but i dont see how it would be a fuse... do you hear the pump priming??? does it try to fire??? do you have spark??? do you have fuel??? get some answers so that we can help you...
-Keith

krazynuttz23 09-25-2003 09:55 PM

yeah, i hear the pump priming, and the car tries to start. I also hear a little rumble from the exhaust like it wants to start but won't. I have fuel, and I should have spark. How do I check spark just to make sure?

2qk4u 09-25-2003 10:25 PM

chk for codes then id look at battery/alternator/starter

just get your accord book out and follow the simple test procudures. all you need is a ohm meter

these are things u can chk for free without havin to go get a new part and put it on, possilby having to buy parts you dont really need

pull off plug wire and place a spark plug at the end of it and ground it out, but DONT SHOCK YOURSELF, it hurts.

Cronic 09-26-2003 04:28 AM

You let your fuel lines empty out. This SUCKS.
You will have to prime the system over and over.... key on... key off... key on, key off....

Do this for several minuites... hopefully it should get everything working properly.

I've never had this happen before to me. Although this should work, and I believe this to help your problem...

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. ;)

krazynuttz23 09-26-2003 09:52 AM

this is funny..

still couldn't figure out what was wrong with the car, I decided to call a tow truck and take my car to a shop. When I got there, mechanic tried to start the car and same thing happens. Pops the hood checks the wires, and sees that the coil wire was disconnected!!!!!! Puts it back and and started the car!! I felt like a big idiot. He looked at me and said "ok, you can go now." I can't believe I didn't see that!

2qk4u 09-26-2003 10:28 AM

how much did that set u back?