Guns & Ammo Guns, Ammo, Knives, Weapons.. etc..

Defenses when avoiding an unruly mob

Old 11-18-2017, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Defenses when avoiding an unruly mob

All it takes is one police shooting, one jury verdict, one natural disaster… and a town can melt down into utter chaos and look like a scene you’d expect to see in Iraq or Afghanistan.
It doesn’t matter where you live in the U.S., every town is susceptible. This is why you need to know how to survive if your town ever breaks down and protestors begin lobbing Molotov cocktails left and right and looting runs rampant.
The fact is, looters and violent protestors are so dangerous because they’re not a group of human beings who can be dealt with rationally. Clearly, if people were rational they would wait for the facts to come out before destroying buildings and robbing small business owners of their life’s work.
Unlike the looters, you need to have self-discipline and be able to control your emotions. If you’re walking down the street and you see guys running out of Best Buy with TVs in their arms, just keep moving. Don’t stop and lecture them or yell at them or try and stop them. Yes, looters are low-lifes but now is not the time to give them a lesson on the Ten Commandments.
If you have to make your way through town you want to blend in with the protestors or looters. If they’re holding a sign that says, “Death to Police” then you better start chanting too or grab a sign of your own. The worst thing you can do is to let it be known you’re not on their side because all of a sudden you could have 100 angry protestors turn on you.
I once heard a wise man say, “nothing good happens after midnight.” When it’s dark out, people tend to become more out of control and they think they can get away with more violent behavior. Unless it’s an emergency, do not leave your home after the sun goes down if your city is in the midst of chaos.
Since you never know when a city is going to erupt you always need to have certain gear on you. For instance, I always carry concealed. A few of the different guns you might find me carrying are a Ruger LCP, Glock 19, Smith & Wesson M&P, Sig P226 or Sig P250. If I had to leave my house while looting was taking place I’d have a gun on my hip, such as the Glock 19, a gun in my pocket, such as the Ruger LCP, and a gun on my ankle, such as the Glock 26.
In addition to guns, I always have a knife on me, usually a Benchmade clipped to my pants pocket or a TOPS Knife clipped to my belt. I also carry a tactical pen on me at all times. A tactical pen is one of my favorite weapons because it can be taken virtually anywhere and since it’s a pen it doesn’t draw much attention.
Other gear that I carry with me includes paracord, a lock pick set, bobby pins, a credit card folding knife, a hair barrette, a handcuff key, and $300 in cash with one $100 bill.
If you’re walking around in the streets and run into a mob of several hundred people never try to walk through them and go against the flow of traffic. First, you’ll draw a lot of attention to yourself (remember, blend in) and second, you’ll likely get trampled. Simply go with the flow of the mob and have patience. You might have to delay your plans to get to your destination but your life is far too valuable not to have patience and take your time.
Every mob has a leader who others follow. He is usually found at the front of the pack and is the most vocal and draws the most attention to himself. If this leader starts fighting with police, others will follow… if this leader starts hurling rocks, others will follow… if this leader decides to smash a storefront window and start looting, others will follow. The area around this mob leader is very dangerous and you don’t want yourself or your family anywhere around this person. Once you identify this leader keep your distance and stay near less violent and less volatile individuals.
You’ll hopefully be able to keep yourself safe and won’t ever have to defend yourself against a mob. However, because a mob of looters is such an unpredictable group, anything can happen at a moment’s notice.
You need to get trained. You need to take a defensive pistol course and practice your draw so you can get your gun out lightning fast. You also need to learn some hand to hand combat moves and some knife defense so you’re fully prepared if you’re put to the ultimate test.

Always Safe, Always Prepared

Frank Mitchell
Founder

P.S. A weapon does you no good if you can’t carry it at all times and pull it out at a moments notice when you really need it.

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/