Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Green Motoring (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/green-motoring/)
-   -   Tampa / St Pete Ethanol Free Gas Stations (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/green-motoring/514275-tampa-st-pete-ethanol-free-gas-stations.html)

treekiller 01-20-2009 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by koolaid man (Post 6215578)
Anyone know why the state is doing this? I've thought about it many times since reading this post.

Thanks.

It offsets several millions gallons of imported oil and replaces it with domestically sourced Corn, Sugar, and Natural Gas.. also E-10 tends to be a little more friendly to the environment. so it's Envioro and Finnancial reasons.

OneCleanS14 02-14-2009 07:24 PM

on klosterman and alt. 19 there is a little gas station that sells non ethanol. all grades. and its always cheaper than any other gas stations. im not sure of the name, but its right next to a little mom and pop car dealership. they only have 4 pumps and they have a big lot full of used tires. when your driving N on alt 19, as soon as you pass klosterman, you'll see the dealership, then the gas station on your right. just look for the sign that says "NO ETHANOL" in all caps on top of their gas prices sign thats on the side of the road.

ImportLuv 03-11-2009 04:43 AM

McMullen Oil in Clwtr (49th st. and 118th ave. n) is ethanol free.
Only available with commercial accounts.
I'm gonna fill my truck up today

Marina Outpost 03-23-2009 10:25 AM

Ethanol Free Fuel

Marina Outpost at Lighthouse Point Marina
8612 Bay Pine Blvd
St Petersburg, FL 33709
727-384-3474
next to Green Iguana
Ethanol Free 87 and 89
now with RXP at no additional cost
www.marinaoutpost.com
open 7AM to 7PM

chilibill 10-08-2009 04:47 AM

Daytona Gas & Grill in Holly Hill FL has non ethanol gas

I just saw an ad that Daytona Gas & Grill on Rte 1 in Holly Hill ( Near Daytona ) has ethanol free gas. I plan to buy some today. It should store better ( with Stabil in it) than ethanol gas. I use it in my outboard motor and yard tractor. I don't know the price yet but will call them up.
Bill

Graves 10-10-2009 02:58 PM

Sunoco on 1403 CLEARWATER LARGO ROAD N
LARGO,FL 33770 has a pump with it

jt14894 04-19-2011 07:02 PM

Just reviving this old thread.

Clearwater

Bought ethanol free gas at McMullen Oil located at:
11965 49th Street North
Clearwater, FL 33762

They sell their gas to anyone so you don't need a commercial account. Just drive up, fill up, and pay just like you would at any gas station.

The place is really easy to get to anywhere from Tampa.
Take I-275 south, cross the Howard Franklin bridge, and take exit 30 to 118th Ave North. Go west for about a mile or so and McMullen is at the corner of 49th Street and 118th Avenue.
There's an entrance from 118th avenue just before you get the 49th St and 118th ave traffic light, but if you miss it, you can just turn right on 49th (going north) and make the first right. You'll see the McMullen sign on the right. The gasoline prices are posted on the 49th street side, but not on the 118th side.

The place doesn't look like a typical gas station because when you pull in, it's just like an industrial complex, but then you'll see the gas pump island with an attendant box in the center. The enthanol free gas pump is on the south end directly behind the attendant box. There are two other pumps located on each side of the box, but those are for diesel.

On the gas pump, there's a sign which says that you can only use ethanol free gas on older model cars that are considered collectibles and antiques, but they don't really care. I've seen a guy in his 20XX Lexus SUV fill up, another guy in his 20XX Chevy Silverado fill up, and a guy in his 199X GMC pick up fill up his truck. I've even filled up my 1997 Toyota Corolla and they've never said anything.

One last thing, they accept all major credit cards.