General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

I have a question about car Towing laws!

Old 03-22-2003, 04:17 PM
My Honda is slower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I have a question about car Towing laws!

Heres the deal.Well I went to that car show in Daytona Beach today me and 4 friends 2 cars.We get there a park in a parking lot.No "No Parking" signs, no "No Trestpassing signs", no "Tow Away" signs.and no one asking for money to park there.So we parked At about 8:30 and went to look at cars, Looked at the audio competitions,Held open a door for Funk Master Flex, and Got a lot of freebies.at Noon we had hands ful of stuff.So we decide to go to the cars and put some of our stuff away.We get to the parking lot and there are little guys putting up tow away signs on trees And ARE CARS WERENT THERE......We asked the little bastard taking money for parking (that wasn't there before) where our cars where and he said he didnt know...after about 15 mins of interrigation he gave us a number where we might be able to find it at.We called the place and We had to walk,From Daytona beach to Holly Hills.I walked throuhg so many countys I thouhgt I was giong to need a passport.At about 3 o'clock we get there. one of the cars was in his moms name and we had to wait for a shit load of paperwork.The both had to pay 125 each cash Our cars were scratched (from some security lights on the top of the car the put on) and the front bumper was a little scratched up. And they were taking hondas and puting them on the side of the street and another truck was taking them somewhere else.I saw a hondas bumper ripped off on the concrete.The can't do any of that can they?. there were no signs to tell us we couldnt park.Does anyone know the rules on towing vehicles?IM Pissed!

Last edited by xxlmadhatterlxx; 03-22-2003 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:17 PM
Tom
Strict Machine

best advice in the world = CALL A LAWYER
Old 03-22-2003, 06:34 PM
Skittle on crack!

Default Re: I have a question about car Towing laws!

Ever heard of a thing called POLICE? 911 ring a bell?

Originally posted by xxlmadhatterlxx
Heres the deal.Well I went to that car show in Daytona Beach today me and 4 friends 2 cars.We get there a park in a parking lot.No "No Parking" signs, no "No Trestpassing signs", no "Tow Away" signs.and no one asking for money to park there.So we parked At about 8:30 and went to look at cars, Looked at the audio competitions,Held open a door for Funk Master Flex, and Got a lot of freebies.at Noon we had hands ful of stuff.So we decide to go to the cars and put some of our stuff away.We get to the parking lot and there are little guys putting up tow away signs on trees And ARE CARS WERENT THERE......We asked the little bastard taking money for parking (that wasn't there before) where our cars where and he said he didnt know...after about 15 mins of interrigation he gave us a number where we might be able to find it at.We called the place and We had to walk,From Daytona beach to Holly Hills.I walked throuhg so many countys I thouhgt I was giong to need a passport.At about 3 o'clock we get there. one of the cats was in his moms name and we had to wait.The both had to pay 125 each cash (we had to go to an ATM)Our cars were scratched (from some security lights on the top of the car the put on) and the front bumper was a little scratched up. And they were taking hondas and puting them on the side of the street and another truck was taking them somewhere else.I saw a hondas bumper ripped off on the concrete.The can't do any of that can they?Thats B/S. there were no signs to tell us we couldnt park.Does anyone know the rules on towing vehicles?IM PISSED!
Old 03-22-2003, 06:38 PM

wow that definitely sounds sketchy...did you get receipts & documentation for everything that happened?
Old 03-22-2003, 07:00 PM
My Honda is slower

Yea I talked to a cop but he said "it was the least of his worries right now" and they didnt give us recipts or take anything but cash. I paid them and Its all said and done but It didnt seem right to me. I was thinking about calling the better buisness bureau about it but i dont now how much help it would be.If I had the $ I would think about small claims but Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas about what they can and cant do.

Last edited by xxlmadhatterlxx; 03-22-2003 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2003, 04:46 AM
is cooler than you

Towing laws vary from city to city. I know here in Tallahassee....they are not responsible for ANY damage done to the cars...but other places they are. As suggested above, I'd contact a lawyer if there is "significant" damage.

Old 03-23-2003, 05:56 AM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Default Re: Re: I have a question about car Towing laws!

Originally posted by cali
Ever heard of a thing called POLICE? 911 ring a bell?
Im gonna ask you an ignorant question...

What does 9 11 have to do with your car being towed or scratched?

Maybe this is why it takes them time to get to a scene when people need them asap,cause asses like this are calling cause cats are stick in trees or cars getting scratched

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 03-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Skittle on crack!

Default Re: Re: Re: I have a question about car Towing laws!

Originally posted by Rotary7
Im gonna ask you an ignorant question...

What does 9 11 have to do with your car being towed or scratched?

Maybe this is why it takes them time to get to a scene when people need them asap,cause asses like this are calling cause cats are stick in trees or cars getting scratched

Hello Ignoramus:

Car removed without permission constitutes stealing!!!!

He said there were no "no parking " signs or no "tow away " signs......hello?????
Old 03-25-2003, 10:16 AM
1337 H4x0r

Everything aside why the fark didn't you get a freakin taxi instead of walking a million miles?
Old 03-25-2003, 04:31 PM
My Honda is slower

we had exactly enough cash to get both cars out.And the way traffic was going it would'nt have helped much time wise. and I didnt call A cop there were dozens pulling people over So I pulled one aside and talked to him about the situation.

Last edited by xxlmadhatterlxx; 03-25-2003 at 04:34 PM.