General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Abandoned tracks in Fl area and other places (updated)

Old 07-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Breakin tranny's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure if I missed it, But is there a reason your looking for these? Or just for fun?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:04 PM
xbm
lol

Originally Posted by concordcobra
Im not sure if I missed it, But is there a reason your looking for these? Or just for fun?
LOL.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by btuner
God that picture would be a million times better if the kickstand werent down
Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Got traction?

Originally Posted by cha0tic
Here's a thread I found about abandoned drag strips in the U.S

ABANDONED DRAG STRIPS......With Photos - Yellow Bullet Forums
Jesus, that thread made me sad.

-Mark
Old 07-21-2009, 02:06 PM
man of leisure

What was formerly the "Tampa excutive airport" is no longer there. It's been leveled and a convenience store built on the spot. I think there are plans for some sort off apartment complex also.
Your car is German. Your vodka is Russian. Your pizza is Italian. Your kebab is Turkish. Your democracy is Greek. Your coffee is Brazilian. Your movies are American. Your tea is Tamil. Your shirt is Indian. Your oil is Saudi Arabian. Your electronics are Chinese. Your numbers Arabic, your letters Latin. And you complain that your neighbor is an immigrant? Pull yourself together!

Last edited by kingofsorrow; 07-21-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by kingofsorrow
What was formerly the "Tampa excutive airport" is no longer there. It's been leveled and a convenience store built on the spot. I think there are plans for some sort off apartment complex also.
there is still some of the track left, as i said earlier, probably about 1000ft

Old 07-21-2009, 02:53 PM
man of leisure

^i was there about 2mts ago and didn't see any tracks. Everything was either dug up or paved over. The store is sitting where the "entrance" used to be and there's a short 2 lane road cutting across what used to be the 2 hangers and the runway. Is there a piece still left in the bushes? Because the lenght of the new property doesn't extend as far lengthwise as the airport.
Your car is German. Your vodka is Russian. Your pizza is Italian. Your kebab is Turkish. Your democracy is Greek. Your coffee is Brazilian. Your movies are American. Your tea is Tamil. Your shirt is Indian. Your oil is Saudi Arabian. Your electronics are Chinese. Your numbers Arabic, your letters Latin. And you complain that your neighbor is an immigrant? Pull yourself together!

Last edited by kingofsorrow; 07-21-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:01 PM

you cant see any of it from the road, which makes it perfect. only thing you can see from the road is the turnaround at the very end if you're driving on 54. you basically have to have a truck/suv to get back on the track

Old 07-21-2009, 03:15 PM
man of leisure

Oh I see. I think I'll get my friends f150 and go check it.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:41 PM
has cheezburger

Originally Posted by btuner
not there anymore, well atleast not most of it. there is only a couple hundred feet left, and you have to drive through tall bushes/weeds to get to it. Its right across from my house and is only good for motorcycle stunting.

Took this there a couple months ago

I was gonna say I thought it was gone. They are getting ready to build a business park or something like that there aren't they?

Quick Reply: Abandoned tracks in Fl area and other places (updated)