Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   General Car Chat (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/)
-   -   Honda grand prix!! (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/472751-honda-grand-prix.html)

Mars_302 04-04-2008 05:28 PM

the ALMS cars are so much awesomer than the IRL cars

RoadRacer 04-04-2008 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mars_302 (Post 5280666)

+1 billion

kaluwa 04-04-2008 05:39 PM

Damn that looks bad ass! I think I'm gonna go tomorrow, if the tickets can be purchased at the gate. What are the prices and what do I get into to? Anyone have a schedule for tomorrow?

longfellow2 04-04-2008 05:44 PM

go tomarrow its worth it, the actual ALMS race is tomarrow afternoon.

I think a saterday G/A only ticket is 12.50$

kaluwa 04-04-2008 05:46 PM

What is G/A and what time does the race start? What's the earliest I can get there? How is parking, is it free or do you have to pay for it?

crash course84 04-04-2008 06:12 PM

went this afternoon and got to see some indy practice and the drift demo. had a really good time. since it seems like there are a couple people on here doing security i was wondering what kind of access a 'service' credential can get. i tried getting into the pit area and that was a no go lol. but i really wanted to get past that first fence area to be able to get some nice pictures. is that area only for media and course officials? i'll be going again on sunday so hopefully the weather holds up.

burgy240 04-04-2008 06:38 PM

Agreed!!

cpages2 04-04-2008 06:44 PM

Thats the only reason I go.

Will be there tomorrow. Super excited, I feel like its christmas eve and im 10 years old. lol

- Mike

Mars_302 04-04-2008 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by crash course84 (Post 5280783)
went this afternoon and got to see some indy practice and the drift demo. had a really good time. since it seems like there are a couple people on here doing security i was wondering what kind of access a 'service' credential can get. i tried getting into the pit area and that was a no go lol. but i really wanted to get past that first fence area to be able to get some nice pictures. is that area only for media and course officials? i'll be going again on sunday so hopefully the weather holds up.

unless you have photo bib you arent going to get behind the fence. Unless you have a media pass that says pit access you arent going to get to the pits. They changed a few things this year I believe due to ALMS cause they have a total different set of safety rules and are strichter

actually come race day unless you have a fire suit on you are not going to get into pit lane

.:Chris:. 04-04-2008 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mars_302 (Post 5280877)
unless you have photo bib you arent going to get behind the fence. Unless you have a media pass that says pit access you arent going to get to the pits. They changed a few things this year I believe due to ALMS cause they have a total different set of safety rules and are strichter

actually come race day unless you have a fire suit on you are not going to get into pit lane

Sweet, so all I have to do is wear a fire suit? :lol:

WTB: Fire Suit!