General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Guns and Ammo is hidden in other stuff for sale the classifieds

Old 07-28-2008, 09:25 AM
The Right-Wing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KillTheNoise
My home is brick with Dolby Certified Drywall on the interior, the windows are also double-paned enhanced glass that is suppose to have sound proofing qualities. Unfortunately it is still unable to block the sounds of incredibly loud exhaust systems that transmit vibrations that physically shake the walls and rattle the windows with it's deep drones or high whines.

I can only imagine how loud it must be for someone with a 'paper thin wall' home.

From the posts, I have determined that there is no logical reason for such loud exhaust systems besides it being a way for people to get attention. It also takes a special person, one with a deep sense of apathy and little to no consideration for others, to have such a disruptive 'mod' put onto their vehicle.

and my neighbors dog barks at ridiculous fucking hours of the night and morning and i cant sleep sometimes either, but my HOA doesnt do shit, and the police cant do shit either, so fucking deal.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:28 AM
I race sailboats

Someone hack the troll and find public records of their address so I can sit infront of their house bouncing off the rev limiter till my car overheats.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 08-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Progressive-Agressive

oops
Old 08-18-2008, 06:23 PM
real men rock purple ;)

fuck my slps.... lol , im dicked....
Old 08-19-2008, 06:57 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

info info!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:31 PM
(Anti)Social Psychologist

Sorry if this has been already mentioned, but it's not a noise issue, per se -- they have pulled me over for "having a modified exhaust". That's it.

I haven't gotten a ticket yet, and the cop generally admits that it's mainly an excuse to harass people... but, I believe the FL statutes are sufficiently ambiguous such that they can enforce this "no modifications" law pretty much however they see fit.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:45 AM

Seriously, what is the reason for loud exhausts? And do you guys really not care about waking people up in the dead of the night?

All I have seen so far is immaturity, with folks telling me to "Deal with it" and others wanting to stalk me so they can come to my home and rev their engines.

As for the guy who stated that they had a neighbor with a dog that barks, the cops can, and will do something about it. Just give them a call, and I would also recommend calling the local Humane society.

Loud exhausts are disrespectful, unnecessary, and a literal hazard to your hearing and health.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:52 AM
I race sailboats

Holy damn its the troll with the paper thin walls. I forgot all about you.

The justification for (not necessarily a louder) a larger exhaust is that alot of vehicles with these systems are modified. Granted alot of them are kids with fart cans, but some of them are legit. If you put a turbo on your car, you're going to need something much bigger than your stock exhaust, generally around 3'' turbo-back. This increases the VE of your engine, as well as the power. The side effect is, the car is louder. Since florida has no inspections and no emissions laws, we are free to modify our cars in any way we please, and you are free to reinsulate your paper thin house, or move to an apartment on a high floor of some building. Then you'd never have to deal with it "rattling your walls".

You won't change the minds of the 50,000+ members of this website, we're just going to make fun of you till you give up.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 09-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Retired Moderαtor

Haha all his 5 posts are in this thread, what a loser hahaha. He must subscribe to it and be like OMG E-MAIL, NEW POST ZOMG!!1!ONE11!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Chillin in the GS3

i for one had the shiny fart pipe loud as hell on my civic, till i got pulled by the local pig convention. lesson learned. so what did i do? i threw on a cheap dyno max chambered muffler (which quieted it down), rattle canned it flat black, and just added an exhaust cutout for "spirited driving" right after the header before the resonator. i havent been fucked with a cop for exhaust since. its been 4 years already. if youve got a shiny or modified looking exhaust, your gonna get fucked with. no matter how quiet it is. if it looks and sounds factory OEMish your fine.

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

Quick Reply: Guns and Ammo is hidden in other stuff for sale the classifieds