General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

New Car Suggestion WRX or GTI?

Old 07-10-2007, 02:33 PM
In the fetal position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car Suggestion WRX or GTI?

I was looking into getting a new car. I love the Impreza WRX (not STi) however the VW GTI is really growing on me. It looks and sounds amazing. Top Gear and Road & Track loved the new GTI as well. I am not looking into doing any modifications to the car so it will remain stock.

What do you guys think is the better buy and why?

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX
2007 Volkswagon GTI w/ dual Audi clutches?
Registered Linux User #391224
Old 07-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Mark G

on any true performance forum, the votes will normally favor a fr, mr, and awd car over a fwd car any day.

imo
Old 07-10-2007, 03:32 PM
In the fetal position

Thanks for the reply! Don't take this the wrong way and I am greatful for the input but I would rather drive a FWD car any day over say a Mustang so I don't know if I simply base my car decision over the drive train. I do see that the Impreza has a little better resale value but who buys a car simply to sell it again? I really like the VW interior and ergonomics but the AWD turbo and the 4 doors is nice too.
Registered Linux User #391224
Old 07-10-2007, 03:41 PM

I love both cars but if i had them option to choose between these to #1 it would take me like a year to decide but im prety sure that at the end i would go witht he gti, justt my opinion, if your just gonna use it as a dd and not modify it or anything i think i would go with the gti since i think its a better looking car
Old 07-10-2007, 03:44 PM
lol @ tampa

hmmm, if i was pigeon holed into choosing between these two, I don't know what I'd do.

GTi
+'s - nice interior ergonomics, comfortable, good power
-'s - fwd, VW's notorious reliability last few years

WRX
+'s - Momo steering wheel, AWD, better power, high ceiling for upgrades
-'s - drivability not so great (from my perspective), sub par seats and materials

I could never bring myself to owning a VW, I have my reasons. But thats the way I see it

|Full color business cards||flyers||postcards||more|
Old 07-10-2007, 03:45 PM

the new gti's are really fuckin clean black on black look badass and i think they sound better than an wrx would.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:40 PM
X Built & Alpha Tuned

Wow........ Some People Must Be On Crack Or Something. The Gti Looks Like Ass. The Wrx's Are Sick As Hell. Look, Drive, And Sound Great. Dont Get Me Wrong Im Not Hatin On The Gti. I Love The Older Ones But The New Ones Dont Look Good And Have Problems. My Friend Has A 2006 And Already Had A Lemon Law On It. Get The Subaru.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:43 PM

I know this, I love my GTI. I bought it 1 year ago it is an 06 and what a blast to drive. I also went to trade it in for a wrx, got all the paper work in and was about to do the trade and I wanted one more test drive. The WRX has so much of a more race car feel to it and it is not exactly a luxurious ride. The GTI is a smooth ride and sitting inside of it you would be hard pressed to tell the differnece of the GTI interion to a mercedes interior. A bunch of my friends drive high end beemers, and mercedes and they are constantly impressed with the way the GTi drives. I ended up keeping my GTI, the wrx was faster, handled better but was 12k more and the ride was rough in my opinion. I think it depends on what you are looking for in a car. But i really do not think you can go wrong in picking one of those 2 cars. They also have 4 door gti's now and the r32 is released very soon.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:46 PM

until now every one had been jsut posting their opinions and not bashing or saying shit about other people until 90 crz si came along, so not to be an ass but im sick of seeing thread get anoying cause of other people hating so just give your opinion because thats really just what carlwill needs
Old 07-10-2007, 05:41 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by John
drivability not so great (from my perspective),
not a problem with the 06+ WRX's with the 2.5L.

WRX TR's with just the STi TMIC and STi turbo (both cheap from a STi that isupgrading) .. plus TBE and a stage 2 tune are putting down about 350-390 TQ and about 300-330 HP. Very impressive car for the money and completely different beast from the pre 06 cars.. the upgrade to the 2.5L over the 2.0 made a HUGE difference for the drivability.