General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

The truth about HID kits......very good read

Old 06-09-2007, 10:46 PM
dsm fever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very interesting
Old 06-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Very good read - lets hope a few of the s that use these ridiculous knockoffs read this and wise up a little bit.

By the way, that article forgot to tlak about color distortion. Go out at night, shine a blue light on something with a lot of colors. Then shine a white light...notice the difference...

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Retired Moderαtor

Heres a pic of mine, 6000K, Im actually surprised that my HID's illuminate the lines in the street more then OEM HID's. But for some reason when im next to a bmw or Lexus with hids, theirs looks halogen compared to mine. Mine are just so white, I was thinking in the future to try out 5000K, if anyone has them id like to see.

blurry yes, ill get a better one tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:50 AM

about time someone told these people WHY their purple "HID's" are so shitty lol...
Old 06-10-2007, 03:21 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Duke,
The best comparison would be in the same location, but thanks for going to the trouble of posting up. When I look at my heat/color chart,
it pretty much agrees with what you said, and I like a sharp cutoff as your pic showed.

Thanks for the info. Rep for you.-Bob

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/

Old 06-10-2007, 05:55 AM
Just for decoration

Originally Posted by senor honda
Duke,
The best comparison would be in the same location, but thanks for going to the trouble of posting up. When I look at my heat/color chart,
it pretty much agrees with what you said, and I like a sharp cutoff as your pic showed.

Thanks for the info. Rep for you.-Bob
the same car too, one of them has projectors and the other only has reflectors, that is why there is no cutoff in that pic.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 06-10-2007, 09:52 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

i've said that same stuff tons of times in past threads, but people don't care. ricers will be ricers, and they just get mad at me when i call them that. oh well.

and actually, all OEMs are rated at 4300K not 4100K...not that there is any noticeable different between the two.

but i do love how people want to get them for that cool blue/purple look...then get pissed off when they dont have it because theyre not running proper projectors, lol. the colors are just light bouncing off the cutoff shield.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Dude.. thats awesome.

Great article duke! I have been preaching this stuff forever and people just refuse to learn. There are absolutely no aftermarket bulbs at Autozone that are worth purchasing.

If you have halogen lights, the best and only TRUE upgrade you can do to your lights is to buy HIR bulbs. They $50 a pair but they will safely and dependably produce more lumens and your stock bulbs. They come as OEM equipment on Nissan Maximas and Didge Vipers.

For tons more informative reading about lighting (and a great place to order any type of quality bulb), go to Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
Old 06-10-2007, 01:30 PM
keep it sleeping

I got the 9000ks for my Teg off TR dirt cheap, looks better than stock even if some think its rice. I did plan on the whole retro fit gimmick, but they were dirt cheap, I couldn't pass them up.

my cut off is good because the front is lower than the rear. not once since I've had them has anyone flashed their brights at me for blinding them.

will get 5000k for my Fit.

Last edited by projectLS; 06-10-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:16 PM
aspiring luder

HID lighting produces a wider and deeper beam pattern with razor sharp cut off lines and autolevelling motors*

*Only available in factory/OEM installed HID systems excluding Acura

can someone explain this?

the S2000s are beautiful, why would Acura's be any different?

Quick Reply: The truth about HID kits......very good read