Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   General Car Chat (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/)
-   -   wut kinda car should i get?.. =] (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/351083-wut-kinda-car-should-i-get.html)

BlackNinja 11-22-2006 02:16 PM

chev.. im not guna say anything to you.. =] i just wanted to see sum other ppls decison bcuz i dont have as much knoledge about cars like other ppl

Steez 11-22-2006 02:16 PM

Get like a 96-00 Civic, drop it and throw some nice 16" wheels on it and a front lip and leave the motor relatively stock and you'll have a nice reliable DD that will take care of you as long as you take care of it.

Don't worry about going fast yet. Learning the laws and rules of the road is much more important at your age. And a reliable car is much nicer than something unreliable at your age.

And I'd suggest to change your previous message, if you plan on staying/posting/learning on this site its better to start off on most of everyone's goodsides.

BlackNinja 11-22-2006 02:33 PM

i was thinking about an eclipse but every1 keeps on raggin on it and sain oh man its slow and non reliable so i changed my mind and i dont kno wut i what.. all the other cars i want i kno i cant afford till my cousin opens up his garage down here in tampa bcuz hes selling his resturant and opening 2 garages and he wants me to take a auto mechanic class by his house.. he said he'd buy it for me but taking the class and working one of the shops with him was the deal. and im not sure if i want to do it or not.. =p

Steez 11-22-2006 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by BlackNinja (Post 3662860)
i was thinking about an e

Whats a E?

Honda Element?

SkwervE 11-22-2006 02:55 PM

geo metro..you will turn mad heads with that tight whip y0

Sneakin Deacon 11-22-2006 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by BlackNinja (Post 3662758)
=p interesting.. sorry.. ill tell you my info..
im vietnamese
17 years of age
in high school
has spiky hair. =]
works alote
umm.. 5'9
fav color black
love fast cars
show off
wants to turn ppls heads wen i drive by. =]

id put more but i dont kno wut else to write. =p

hyundai or daewoo.

CrypticApathy 11-22-2006 04:30 PM

i just wanted to see sum other ppls decison bcuz i dont have as much knoledge like other ppl
There fixed it for you. learn to fucking type. That shit isnt cool or elite. it just makes you look more like a jackass.

Go buy a cheap car and get in a few accidents and come back here when you learn to type and learn to drive and maybe you will get a real answer.

Pdubinator 11-22-2006 05:00 PM

Well Black Ninja every one on TR must be havin a bad day it seems. Any car gets good gas mileage as long as you drive it slow during the week, so with that aside.....A 90's corvette would be a good choice, unlimited aftermarket, will turn heads with decent paint job and rims, and will smoke everything on the road. They can be had for about 5 grand and lower. My other advice would be to split that 5000 grand, by a cheep civic for DD, and buy something else you can mess with and not have to worry about being reliable, Like an Rx-7, its a puerto rican porche but cant beat the hp per liter and the like 3 moving parts. titanium seals and its almost reliable!
Any ways Do the research your self on the cars you like and see which ones have aftermarket, reliability(dont listen to opinions listen to research),and looks. Pm me if you dont get ne more help outa these disgruntled car fans lol

markzeronine 11-22-2006 05:06 PM

^ not only would he look weird as hell in a '90 vette, but it his insurance would rape him, and it would be way too fast and expensive for him to maintain

Shinmei2006 11-22-2006 06:49 PM

well you are 17 and viet.....and you basically are a prep....

get a civic, or a jetta, or a neon....
paint it some crazy ass gay color
put a "body kit" on it with zipties (but dont paint it)
get some "baller" 17s (but make sure they are an off brand)
oh cant forget the "altezza" tail lights
throw in some GT-R emblems...or Type R...or V-tec...
maybe some hood pins.
ooooh chrome windshield wipers...and light up washer fluid sprayers....

drive it for a while....become straight....sell it and get a real car