Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   General Car Chat (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/)
-   -   How serious is driving an unregistered car? (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/268866-how-serious-driving-unregistered-car.html)

B18C5-EG 11-03-2005 06:58 PM

Matt WTF!

ShiZor9 11-03-2005 06:59 PM

With my 75 Olds for sale all i do is slap on a old FL tag and take it around the block, no problems yet at least (knock on wood)

Ender. 11-07-2005 02:40 PM

The only thing that scares me is I have some priors... Oh well I think Im just going to get a lawyer to be safe.

hiwayhuntr 11-07-2005 02:53 PM

no need to waste ur money but u can do what u want.plus it looks better if u got a lawyer.

CanTheWhales 11-07-2005 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ender.
How serious is driving an unregistered car?

Instant death...

just kidding, you definatly don't need a lawyer though. All you have to do is sit at the courthouse for about five hours and pay the fees and act real sweet. the most I've ever heard for basic court fees was $600.

Rx7Danny85zoom 11-07-2005 09:59 PM

I drove a 85 Rx7 with a bad floater in the carb and a tail light out with No plates from Miama to Tampa....never again, whenever i pulled up to a cop I couldnt pass him because he would see I didnt have a tag. I wouldnt reccomend it :D

Kristin 11-08-2005 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by 93g2integra Chris
Wrong tag is a felony now, so it is a big deal.

Where did you get your info? I work in the court systems and I have yet to see a felony improper tag? :dunno:

Ender. 12-11-2005 09:00 AM

Well just to let everyone know, all I have to pay is court costs.

It was just really a waste of time, the went alphabetically and my last name begins with R so I sat for almost 2 hours. Went up for less than 30 secs and walked away with 185 dollars in court fees and no charges.

Big Chris 12-11-2005 10:20 AM

From a state trooper, I was told they changed becuse of all the people that steal tags and drive around with out insurance.

senor honda 12-12-2005 06:23 AM

Glad things turned out Ok for you. That $185 would cover my
attorney for about 11 months at $16/month, plus unlimited tickets.
Awhile back I had a no-points-dim-tag-light , and now I find that on my DMV printout it says "unsafe/improper equipment". No distinction between
that and no brakes or bald tires.
The line next to that indicates a crash. Which happened when a cell phone talking person moved over on me and tapped my bumper. No damage to my car and she got the ticket.

It doesn't look good to see "unsafe/improper equipment"
and "crash" right next to each other. Insurance companies
love that kind of terminology.
I should have brought in my attorney for that tag light out, since he was already paid for in the $16/month, but didn't. I hope my insurance doesn't go up.-Bob
-------------

Well just to let everyone know, all I have to pay is court costs. It was just really a waste of time, the went alphabetically and my last name begins with R so I sat for almost 2 hours. Went up for less than 30 secs and walked away with 185 dollars in court fees and no charges.

Mars_302 12-12-2005 07:35 AM

Well just to let everyone know, all I have to pay is court costs.

It was just really a waste of time, the went alphabetically and my last name begins with R so I sat for almost 2 hours. Went up for less than 30 secs and walked away with 185 dollars in court fees and no charges.

sounds like my time at the court as well. Thought I was lucky, I was on page 5 of 30 pages.

e30bimmertq 12-12-2005 01:48 PM

a slaped a diff tag on mine and got nailed in clearwater, judge was nice and hooked me up with nothin but a 270 dollar fine