Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   General Car Chat (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/)
-   -   street racing show on discovery channel (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/132104-street-racing-show-discovery-channel.html)

LS_ken-e 02-02-2004 06:46 PM

street racing show on discovery channel

this may be a repost (if it is, go fuck yourself. :lol: ) saw a commercial on the discovery channel for a show on street racing and import performance next monday at 9pm. i don't think its a new series, just some special. i think i'll have to check it out. as if the discovery channel didn't already have the best programming on tv!

Alan 02-02-2004 06:49 PM

I got a pretty good laugh at that commercial when it first started. Thought it was just going to be another lame look into the "scene". But it ends up looking like a pretty decent show. Hopefully they will keep the stickers and Spilner quotes to a minimum.

LS_ken-e 02-02-2004 07:36 PM

it'll be fast and furious!

defekt 02-02-2004 07:59 PM

i cant wait..

specie 02-02-2004 10:18 PM

It should be good.

"Its finally here, the Discovery channel show where Turbochic (leila) and Apex vs. Obie and Autolink build their cars and battle it out at the race track in 2 days. Everyone must watch to see who wins the race and all the strife of building track cars with in 36 hours. It Should be a good show and some awesome coverage for import racing on a major channel. The show is called, "Street Racing- Pedal to the metal". If it gets great reviews, maybe they will do more shows to build the import racing community to a new level. It will air on February 9th at 9 O' Clock on the Discovery channel...."

Alan 02-03-2004 04:55 AM

Originally posted by LS_ken-e
it'll be fast and furious!
I live my life one Discovery channel special at a time. For those sixty minutes or less, I am educated.

Skillionaire 02-03-2004 07:28 AM

Looked like one of the cars might have been a 1g DSM, so im watchin

Whaazup17 02-03-2004 07:31 AM

Re: street racing show on discovery channel

Originally posted by LS_ken-e
this may be a repost (if it is, go fuck yourself. :lol: ) saw a commercial on the discovery channel for a show on street racing and import performance next monday at 9pm. i don't think its a new series, just some special. i think i'll have to check it out. as if the discovery channel didn't already have the best programming on tv!
it is a new series

I think it isn't going to be a series just a special

but I think it is cool cuase they are taking street racers and see how they do on the track

this should be funny :)

Illswyn 02-03-2004 09:21 AM

That's about the only channel I miss...at all. All my news and entertainment comes through my DSL box (:

LS_ken-e 02-05-2004 08:13 AM

Originally posted by phatstang1
I live my life one Discovery channel special at a time. For those sixty minutes or less, I am educated.
:lol: HU-Fuckin'-larry-ous :lol:

once again, nice avatar!