Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ford-lincoln-mercury-tech/)
-   -   Wide Body 911 Goes Down To My New LS (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ford-lincoln-mercury-tech/92073-wide-body-911-goes-down-my-new-ls.html)

Scott 05-13-2003 04:05 PM

Wide Body 911 Goes Down To My New LS

1 Attachment(s)
First off it is not a Acura LS as you will see from the above picture I took today.

Not quite sure what year the Porsche was but it was the same body style as Porsche Man's car.

It was of course a non-turbo but indeed a wide body with whale tail and all. white in color and very clean.

Anyway long story short I screw with this guy a few times on Hillsborough because he is driving like a ass through traffic. At this point we are heading past the Indian reservation. Of course I get the head shake as if I am not worthy on many occasions. He gets caught in traffic and falls behind.

Now I get over to merge onto I-4 so I can get to I-75 and go home to Brandon. All the sudden here comes speed racer down the far right lane and cuts in front a few cars ahead of me.

As soon as we get on I-4 he swings out two lanes and goes. I hit it and catch up pretty quickly. He then manages to slow down and wait ! Oh it's on now bitch !

Now I have just missed my ramp at I-75 but speed racer decides to go at it now, about 75 m.p.h..

I drop it to fourth and go ! He gets a inital jump but then around 90 I am reeling him in fast. At this point I am now oblivious to the speedometer and tach but for the exception of the open road ahead. :evil2:

Now we must be going well over 100 and I am now driving by at a rather steady rate. I quickly glance over to the look of non-belief out of speedy gonzalez. I pull ahead 3-4 cars and we are both still on it ! I quickly notice my hood rippling in the wind so I decide to slow it down but not before I hit the flashers. :D

It's time to pull off at the 579 (Rooms to go wharehouse exit) so I get over a few lanes and wait for my boy. He finally cruises by, gives me a quick look, and I give him the hands in the air like where were you at ? :lol:

There you have it, now time to go take a cold shower and slow down the blood pressure.

PoppaSmurf 05-13-2003 04:09 PM

:lol: :lol: way to put the yuppy in his place....dont those LS's come 6 speed?

DaTruth 05-13-2003 04:10 PM

Let me get this straight.. You were not at OSW, SSSW, or BMP? Man you are changing.. Good Kill..

Billy 05-13-2003 04:41 PM

:lol: Good kill Scott....and Vince ;)

Just Dave 05-13-2003 04:52 PM

That LS will suprise you. Scott and I were tooling around in it Sat night, and that thing will actually throw your head back on a 2nd gear punch. I won't divulge ET's (not sure if he wants it public :D ) but if it had a converter in it it would be ALOT faster.

Scott 05-13-2003 04:57 PM

Originally posted by DaTruth
Let me get this straight.. You were not at OSW, SSSW, or BMP? Man you are changing.. Good Kill..

Changing ? Nahhh

I have been doing this stuff to long to change. :D ;)

Afterall I was on a wide open area on I-4 with 5 lanes not a bridge. :stickpke:

DaTruth 05-13-2003 05:10 PM

If it is I-4 it is legal? If it is 5 lanes it is ok.. Ok everybody, lets race on the HF and on I-4.. The cops will not bother us there..:D I think when you ordered your car you forgot to finish what you were typing.. You started off right. LS......... You forgot the ONE.. I am happy you have come over to the dark side..:D Now if we can get you to do this more often..

Scott 05-13-2003 06:09 PM

No offense Vince (yes that rhymed ) but I would not drive a LS1 is you gave it to me. :D

And yes there is a very big difference between what you guys do on Saturday night and what I did today. :burnout:

Young,Fablous,&Broke 05-13-2003 06:29 PM

is it an auto five spped? you said you dropped it into 4th. then force fed said you need a converter.

nice car scott, glad you finally found one you liked.

Scott 05-13-2003 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
See the picture above.

I bought a Sport model and one of the extra options is the ability to auto-stick the car. And let me tell you it is not a lazy system either. When you hit the + or - it goes immediatley.