Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Bad Track Prep?

Old 04-11-2003, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Track Prep?

I've been hearing alot of complaining about track prep.

Is there a reason the track officals let it get that bad? Why dont they just spray more VHT when it gets bad? Or is there more to how to prep a track?

You would think the track officials would want the track to be as sticky as possible for you, right?

So do the track officials just sit on thier asses all night, or am I missing something?

how can they let it get to the point where everyone complains?

Corey
Old 04-11-2003, 04:24 AM

Since moving up here I only going to test and tune on Sat mornings. They actually do prep the track on Sat and do several spray downs with vht while you are running. Last Thurs was my first and last Thurs at Bradenton. The toothless wonders they had running the show would not do any track prep all at. I finally got into a argument with one of the guys and just left. Beside the place was filled with so many bozos with front wheel drive cars it was just not with it.

Jim
Steeda uppers.
K N open Filter
12.344 at 110.24 mph
with a 1.796 "60"
on wore BF Dr.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:21 PM

Yes its true, BMP doesnt do ANY track prep for thursday night. the reason is because partly for the down time and partly because of the cars that show up with treaded tires (street tires). the street tires actually "dig up" the starting line, the next time you are there walk up to the line after a coulpe of hours of street tire runs and you will notice the ruts. not to mention the guys that drive thru the frickin water and drag it to the line! I bet 70% of the people that run on thursday night either drive rwd cars thru the water or the fwd drive cars on street tires take all 4 tires thru.
now before you cry foul.....if you rememeber last year BMP had a slick tire tuesday. they did track prep, but unfortunately you had to have DRs or slicks to run. I went just about every slick tire tuesday and there were on average only 20 cars running. its unfortunate that club 1320 is still in effect (joke) and slick tuesday is gone oh well. give me a bud
98 Mustang GT
Old 04-11-2003, 09:26 PM
Daddy-O

Looks like everyone beat me to it, but basically it's a hopeless situation when the majority of the cars running are radial tired cars (DRs not included). No point in doing it if it goes away after the first dozen radial cars...
Old 04-12-2003, 07:03 AM
Does not race from a roll

my big gripe about thursdays is all the assholes that run the A/C in the staging lanes then drip the water all down the track, caused me to almost get into the wall on two different occasions. ill stick with saturday mornings, most of the dumbasses are too hung over to get up that early...

Smackin down LS1s since 99', LQ4s too...
Old 04-12-2003, 07:28 AM
Daddy-O

Originally posted by 99Venom
my big gripe about thursdays is all the assholes that run the A/C in the staging lanes then drip the water all down the track, caused me to almost get into the wall on two different occasions. ill stick with saturday mornings, most of the dumbasses are too hung over to get up that early...

True..
Plus I can still make the 3-4 runs that I need to and for only $20...
Old 04-13-2003, 07:55 AM
WIP

I went there for the first time last Saturday and the prep equaled what we get on the private track days.... just as soon as I get the car running correctly again I'll be making it down there a helluva lot more often!