Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ford-lincoln-mercury-tech/)
-   -   Funford weekend = Lame (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ford-lincoln-mercury-tech/292579-funford-weekend-lame.html)

Turbo2V 03-05-2006 07:27 AM

Funford weekend = Lame

i think this is the last time im going to funford weekend. we only saw a few fast cars and all the others were like 10sec and slower not to mention the ones that ran shook the tires because of the lack of track prep. the car show did have a good turnout but i wasnt there for that. am i the only person that feels this way? well i hope nmra is better this coming weekend.

$hawn 03-05-2006 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by dentwizard
well i hope nmra is better this coming weekend.

Me too...

mustangman101 03-05-2006 09:28 AM

yeah i thought that the cars were gonna run faster too!!! and i thought that there would be more vendors. i was looking to buy a new hood, and a few other things. I wasnt buying one of the crappy Champion Composites hoods i have heard to many bad things about them. i would love to go to the Gator Nationals but its like 60+ bucks just to get in the door, granted that the cars will be much faster but im trying to build a car not waste more money just to find that the things that i need are not there!!!

69Boss521 03-05-2006 11:21 AM

I haven't been to many of these Fun Ford Weekends, this is only my 3rd time. But i do have to say that it wasn't was I was expecting..... I planned on checking out the vendors. But I didn't see alot of variety...... it almost looked like something thrown together last minute. I still had fun and my son had a blast watching the cars.

Strokd85 03-05-2006 12:23 PM

they normally put on a good show with a high car turnout, wonder what's up..

$hawn 03-05-2006 12:32 PM

Plenty of cars....fast ones too. Slow track.

Flastangs 03-05-2006 12:45 PM

Spinworld = crappy racing

GB 03-05-2006 01:07 PM

Last year I went to both events and NMRA smoked Fun Ford IMO. I'll never go back to Orlando Spinworld. Can't wait for this upcoming weekend.

Strokd85 03-05-2006 03:07 PM

I wish FFW was still @ BMP, but there some events that transpired to not make that possible, so they're stuck with O town. They can't use Gainsville due to the NHRA being 2 weeks after. I honestly think they should just put it off 2 weeks and get it back @ BMP, do it the week after NMRA.

Suicidal Racing 03-05-2006 03:22 PM

its because its a ford event go to the super chevy show and u will love it..

i had to do it guys:lol:

$hawn 03-05-2006 03:27 PM

do they actually do track prep for a "Chevy" event? :lol:

Suicidal Racing 03-05-2006 03:34 PM

nah they just let the nitro coups slide there way to them low 6 second passes:lol:

Just Dave 03-05-2006 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by ghost 727
nah they just let the nitro coups slide there way to them low 6 second passes:lol:

Must be tough to go low 6's with a big block with a power adder and nitromethane. The poor little small block power adder gasoline mustangs have to suffer with only running 6.40's.

79 pace car 03-05-2006 03:53 PM

tim lynch went 209-220-210-212 in outlaw, pro cars went over 200, there were 6 or so cars in sbs with 8.90 or better, one went 8.23 170+. there was one crash today, overall not a terrible race i'd say

limegreenneon 03-05-2006 04:04 PM

The shop i work at, we have a stock suspention DR car that should run mid to high 8's

All weekend long that best pass saturday in qualifying was a low 9.849 140.29...Sunday was a little bit better, went into the 8's At the starting line you could honestly see the concrete at the pad and about 3-4 feet long, Ive never seen so many car blow the tires or have tire shake in a row.......Does Orlando Know what track prep and VHT is

marksaccord95 03-05-2006 04:25 PM

starting line was prepped, thats about it.

pics to come in an hr or 2

92TealLX5.0 03-05-2006 04:32 PM

I agree. I went on Saturday and Sunday and the event was good but the track SUCKED!!!! Both lanes were horrible and not many cars hooked. I got a good deal on some parts though.

limegreenneon 03-05-2006 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by marksaccord95

pics to come in an hr or 2

What part of the starting line was prepped ?

Im sure in some of the pics you,scott,and Big J took you can see the concrete section im talking about...that starting line was not sticky at all

Duceanahalf 03-05-2006 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by limegreenneon
.......Does Orlando Know what track prep and VHT is

No.

Scott 03-05-2006 04:40 PM

Don't get me started again about Whorelando ! I stirred up the hornets nest a few months ago on Fun Fords site and I think I am going to do it again.

Overall I think the event was not to good. The car counts for the top cars sucked. I do not know if it was Fun Fords vault with rule changes because I do not follow that to close or just a combination of things.

The staff for Fun Ford events are really a great bunch of people, at least the ones I have met. But I do know the track is a complete dump even with a few new bleachers. Hell they do not even have a track scrubber ! And lets not talk about how they were behind over a hour each day.

Even with getting media passes to the event I am going to really have to think about it before going next year.

$hawn 03-05-2006 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by marksaccord95

with sand and leafs ;)

Scott 03-05-2006 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by $hawn
with sand and leafs ;)

:werd:

I should have had Mark take some photos today of the starting line clean up. A swiffer mop and some sort of solvent was used. You can dream up the rest from there. :lol:

On a side note I will have a lot of videos up tomorrow night shot with the new camera. :D I am to wooped to do it tonight.

limegreenneon 03-05-2006 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Scott
Don't get me started again about Whorelando ! I stirred up the hornets nest a few months ago on Fun Fords site and I think I am going to do it again.

Overall I think the event was not to good. The car counts for the top cars sucked. I do not know if it was Fun Fords vault with rule changes because I do not follow that to close or just a combination of things.

The staff for Fun Ford events are really a great bunch of people, at least the ones I have met. But I do know the track is a complete dump even with a few new bleachers. Hell they do not even have a track scrubber ! And lets not talk about how they were behind over a hour each day.

Even with getting media passes to the event I am going to really have to think about it before going next year.

I think i might have 1-2 pics of my buddies car that i was talking about in my above post at the starting line, where in talking about how shitty the track was....Prime Example 2 weekago at Sunshine same motor, amount of nos, suspention the same, put it on the bumper twice on the same pass

this weekend...Talk about suspention adjusments !!!!!

Suicidal Racing 03-05-2006 04:54 PM

vht is there friend:lol:

a good track should almost pull your shoe off when u go to walk on the line.

limegreenneon 03-05-2006 05:09 PM

Reason #2 why the track sucked !

at BMP event they must vht the track like 3-4 times a day, then with the tractor with the flat thing on the back that rubbes the track, You all know waht im talking about.

At Fun Ford i honestly think at the most was twice and with the tractor the falt thing just slid across the track did even here the noice from the falt thing at all..

Sorry the discription is so bad, But like i said everbody knows what im talking about

randrade1 03-05-2006 05:37 PM

i agree, FFW should come back to BMP, maybe one week before so they have a a week to prep for NMRA or a week after so it would put it after GatorNationals.

i went one time to spinworld and it sucked. they will realize it when the turn out is lower every year.

NMRA is going to be better, hell i heard they did an entire track prep for them.

Scott 03-05-2006 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by randrade1
NMRA is going to be better, hell i heard they did an entire track prep for them.

Nah they decided a few months ago to grind down BMP and it was not just for the NMRA people.

Mars_302 03-05-2006 05:54 PM

It was alright, even the swap meet got a little weak though

Zman 03-05-2006 05:59 PM

glad I didnt go, I just want to see the swpa meet. looking for turbo setup so maybe NMRA next week.

Strokd85 03-05-2006 06:22 PM

What do you think this would accomplish other than just stirring up a bunch of shit Scott? You can polish a turd (orlando) and it still will be a turd. Not sure what is the deal, but the track CAN hook I just think it's when it's their own event (Fastest Street Car Shootout in Oct) that they actually even try.

I think the car count issue depends on a lot of things, last year FFW had a good size Pro class (12 i think) where as NMRA had 2 or 3, they both evened out as the year went on, so like I said lot of variables.

If you stir the pot with suggesting the event be pushed up a week or back a week i'd be interested in that.

Scott 03-05-2006 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Strokd85
What do you think this would accomplish other than just stirring up a bunch of shit Scott? You can polish a turd (orlando) and it still will be a turd. Not sure what is the deal, but the track CAN hook I just think it's when it's their own event (Fastest Street Car Shootout in Oct) that they actually even try.

If you stir the pot with suggesting the event be pushed up a week or back a week i'd be interested in that.

What would it accomplish ? Hopefully enough heat on FF to move the event to another venue or Whorelando to prep the damn track accordingly. Odds of that happening ? Slim to none but some one has to try. As far as OSW not trying because it is not there event ? I highly doubt that since FF is one of their very few big events. I have been there many times and have never seen it consistantly hook so they better polish that turd quick.

As far as the date goes, I think it needs to be spaced 2-3 weeks apart from the NMRA event so more people come to both. Otherwise leave it where it is at. Have the opener in Gainesville since we all know it is not going to be at BMP as long as NMRA races there which is stupid in its own right.

Turbo2V 03-06-2006 03:58 AM

why not make it later in the year, im not talking summer maybe sometime in the fall. most race events(not just drag racing) are in late winter/ early spring in florida and i always have to decide on which to go to. i know it might be hard since there is still snow in some places but there has to be a way to fix this.

Scott 03-06-2006 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by dentwizard
i know it might be hard since there is still snow in some places but there has to be a way to fix this.

Heck there is still snow up north and it was snowing late last week in the north east so I do not think it is a weather issue.

Have said it before and will say it again, NMRA and Fun Ford needs to get on the same page as far as rules go and I think both would benefit. Otherwise one is going to fizzle away.

bottlefedLX 03-07-2006 07:55 AM

Have said it before and will say it again, NMRA and Fun Ford needs to get on the same page as far as rules go and I think both would benefit. Otherwise one is going to fizzle away.

It will probably be Fun Ford going away because the rules keep changing, and the racers aren't putting up with it. That is why they went to NMRA. NMRA has grown to a bigger and better event. They keep the events close together to get the race teams here at the same time, instead of having to go home and come back in a few weeks.

Wasen't it the owner of Orlando Speed World that said that his track was prepped just fine, it was that the kids in these Mustangs couldn't drive?

John

Scott 03-07-2006 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by bottlefedLX
It will probably be Fun Ford going away because the rules keep changing, and the racers aren't putting up with it. That is why they went to NMRA. NMRA has grown to a bigger and better event. They keep the events close together to get the race teams here at the same time, instead of having to go home and come back in a few weeks.

Wasen't it the owner of Orlando Speed World that said that his track was prepped just fine, it was that the kids in these Mustangs couldn't drive?

John

No doubt NMRA is blowing up, now if they can keep going that way is another thing.

As far as the owner of OSW (Carl) he is known as a asshole by most people so what he says has little to meaning to most.

Flastangs 03-07-2006 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by bottlefedLX

John

I guess the guys in last years World Street Finals couldnt drive either:lol: I saw the first 10 cars get severe tire shake in the same lane.:-o

Scott 03-07-2006 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Flastangs
I guess the guys in last years World Street Finals couldnt drive either:lol: I saw the first 10 cars get severe tire shake in the same lane.:-o

Yep and we had a long thread about it somewhere. A few people from Orlando popped in and defended OSW by saying the first ten in a row that spun must not have know how to set-up their cars. :tard:

$hawn 03-07-2006 01:18 PM

Yep and we had a long thread about it somewhere. A few people from Orlando popped in and defended OSW by saying the first ten in a row that spun must not have know how to set-up their cars. :tard:

not to mention 'the fire" :roll:

Strokd85 03-07-2006 04:44 PM

What would it accomplish ? Hopefully enough heat on FF to move the event to another venue or Whorelando to prep the damn track accordingly. Odds of that happening ? Slim to none but some one has to try. As far as OSW not trying because it is not there event ? I highly doubt that since FF is one of their very few big events. I have been there many times and have never seen it consistantly hook so they better polish that turd quick.

As far as the date goes, I think it needs to be spaced 2-3 weeks apart from the NMRA event so more people come to both. Otherwise leave it where it is at. Have the opener in Gainesville since we all know it is not going to be at BMP as long as NMRA races there which is stupid in its own right.

Do you honestly think no one has tried, multiple times? Do you think the racers are happy racing on a marginal track at best that on the first year out killed one of their own?
And I will stand by the statement that they prep better for their own event vs. one they host (now how MUCH better is another issue, but they do put more into it, I've raced at Orlando and experienced how they prepped for FFW and saw how they prepped for Fastest Street Car) . They can't push it out 2 weeks as it puts it 3 weeks from Atlanta, and pushing it up into Feb I don't see happening. Plus I actually have heard quite a few people that would be more upset it the races were further apart timewise, at least this way they can take a week off and hit both races within 100 miles of eachother. The only realistic move would be the week before or after @ BMP unless they can get Moroso (which isn't that much better than OSW, but it's a step up). Gainsville isn't an option due to NHRA restrictions on the track prior to their major events from what I understand.

You have been around just as long as I and know that both Jamie (NMRA) and BIll (FFW) will not swallow their pride (either of them) enough to ATTEMPT to work together. That's whole 'nother post and we both know that there is WAY TOO MUCH history to even give it a second thought.

Good luck with it though.