The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Just saying HI

Old 01-11-2009, 10:13 AM
As Seen On TV!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just saying HI

Hey, guys. I haven't been around much lately, so I wanted to drop in and say HI and try to catch up. So.......I'll go first.

My Cobra - still have it, but not doing much with it lately. We've had to replace more parts with it just sitting in the garage than in a year at the track! Now I have two Flowmasters that are just a couple years old that have rusted out and left big holes in them. So now I need to buy new mufflers. I'd like to run Real Street with it until my blue car is ready to go again.

The blue car - also still have it, have not raced it since the big radial race in October. We still have electrical issues with it. With my husband not working, it's been good just letting it sit. Much cheaper that way. The next thing for it is to buy a motor and tranny (I don't own either that's in it), and swap everything over to a Procharger.

The black promod - for sale. As soon as it's gone, I can work towards what I want to do with the other two cars. I may have to sell the Cobra, but hopefully I will be able to keep it, even if it sits. It's a nice car..unique, and hell...I won a championship in it. We have a history with it!

So, we're setting up and promoting a second race for this year. It'll be May 8-9 at South Georgia Motorsports Park. If you've never been there, you're missing out. It's a gorgeous facility and very clean. They have huge, concrete stadium style bleachers, and indoor concession with plenty of tables plus outdoor tables under an awning. It's super nice. Exit 32 off I-75 and it's literally right off the interstate.

So, what's new with you guys?? Who still has what car, and who got new stuff, and who's got new babies or puppies or other exciting stuff??

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old 01-11-2009, 11:48 AM
bbbblllllaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

I saw you on Maurice's video Miss Puddin The car looked great! It was a shame he got more video of it in the lanes then on the track!!!

What problem are you having with the electrical???

Our pomeranian has been ready for the "needle" for a few weeks but Ive been trying to nurse her and with drugs from the vet shes been kinda OK. She wount eat dog food anymore and the only stuff she will eat is yellow kraft american cheese and smoked salmon .. prissy little bitch! bit ches knocking on 15 or so and well .. such is life.

Const is that bad down there in FL??? Im a teamster in NY and I worked about 5 F'ing days this season. shit is ROUGH for sure!
Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Called the amba lamps

Who are you? lol

j/k

Sucks to hear Donald isn't working, Dan Morrow's company has slowed down quite a lot so my Dad isn't working as much as he wants... just doing the crew chief stuff on the Top Sportsman car. I wonder if Pebble Tech has slowed down for Bryan....

On the pet front, one of our outside cats got hit by a car 2 nights ago so we had to put her down.... sad shit and cost $250 so I am rethinking the whole outside cat concept.

Good to see you posting.... good luck on getting everything back on track. If I had the money that Pro Mod would be mine......lol
Old 01-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Bondsman

Been a while for sure... Props to you guys for job at Bradenton in October, I had a blast. Didnt get to talk with you but spoke to Donald for a few, and then again at Gearhead when they had thier grand opening. Still SLOWLY having my car put together its over at Pro-Fab in Thontosassa. Business sucks everywhere, something good HAS to come from it though....hopefully
Old 01-11-2009, 12:34 PM
As Seen On TV!

John, basically, there is no new construction and the phone company has made it to where you can't make enough money to want to put up with the bullshit. I'm so sorry about your dog. Donald's parents had to put one of theirs down the week before Christmas. She was only 6. She had lymphoma.

Chris, sorry about your cat. We had an outdoor cat, too, and we suspect a snake killed him. We found his remains a couple months after he went missing. NO MORE OUTDOOR CATS for us.

Business sucks. This Obama deal is either going to be really bad or really good. We shall see.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old 01-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Called the amba lamps

Thanks Amanda...

Not to get political in here, but the Obama deal is just going to cause more suffering....
Old 01-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Chucking up the Dueces

I hate palm view gardens,winters moble home park,majestic oaks,hunters run,settlers rest,sweetwater,and southern charm if that helps....lmao! I never leave chancey rd,I might move into steve's kodiak since its right there.
Car is getting done,I found a little extra time to work on it....You guys going to the tom nats next weekend?
Aerospace Components
ProFab Performance
R.I automotive
C.R.T transmisions
5.13@145mph
Old 01-11-2009, 08:19 PM

since i have no job all i do is make radial tire logos.........opps i wasn't supposed to say that
Old 01-11-2009, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ford DNA
So, we're setting up and promoting a second race for this year. It'll be May 8-9 at South Georgia Motorsports Park. If you've never been there, you're missing out. It's a gorgeous facility and very clean. They have huge, concrete stadium style bleachers, and indoor concession with plenty of tables plus outdoor tables under an awning. It's super nice. Exit 32 off I-75 and it's literally right off the interstate.
I think the economy is hurting most people right now to some extent..... Hope things get turned around for ya.....

On the other hand another race like that last one would be badass.... Everybody I know thought it was great..... And South Georgia is a killer track..... I would definately have to go if you put one together up there(to watch anyways, my shit ain't near fast enough).....
Old 01-11-2009, 10:11 PM

Hi