Tampa Bay British Car Club at Safety Harbor - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    01/04/2018

Tampa Bay British Car Club and Friends:

The Presidents First drive was wet and cold, however we had 46 people join us on the drive and even a few hearty souls drove classic cars with tops down. The rest of our group drove appropriate cars for the weather. After the drive lunch was at Woody’s River Roo in Ellenton, FL 34222.Due to the “cool” weather and rain the restaurant was not busy and many were able to have lunch in the dining room. It may not have been the best First Drive, but it was still fun.

There are a couple of events coming in the next few weeks:

January 13 - Tampa Bay British Car Club Breakfast Quest, at 8:30 AM, Proino Breakfast Club, 201 West Bay Dr, Largo, FL 33770. Hosted by Hannah & Irwin Ayes

January 20 – Starts at 10:30 AM. FSMGCC’s Eco-Tour of the Pinellas County Solid Waste Management Facility, 2940 – 110th Avenue North, St. Petersburg. There is ample parking on the west side of the building. Followed by lunch at Quaker Steak& Lube. Discover the science and re-cycling principles used to manage the resources we no longer need. A classroom discussion is followed by a tour of the award-winning processing and disposal facilities. Please RSVP to Bruce& Bert Rauch at: 727-576-9474 or [email protected]
    FEB 10 2018: All Cars 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
    What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
    https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html

Have a great day! [email protected] and 813-839-4281 (24 hrs)

Registered
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Hello MG enthusiasts,

Rooms at the Hilton for some nights of GOF are already sold out at the special GOF-South rate.

> HOWEVER -
    I MAY BE ABLE TO GET A ROOM FOR YOU at the GOF rate for the nights that you want. I can't specify the type of room.

If you can't get a room, then send me your name, arrival date, and departure date. No credit card information needed. You must act fast.
    Lonnie Cook, Chairman GOF-South
    [email protected]

Special Hilton reservation site for GOF-South:
    GOF SOUTH 2018
    or phone 407-830-1985. Tell the operator that you are with the GOF SOUTH 2018 group.

Don't forget to send in your registration form and fee for GOF-South. Click "Registration" on the GOF-South website:
    gofsouth.com

See you in March at GOF-South,

Lonnie Cook
    TF7211
    Chairman

GOF-South Mk LII
    "MGs and friends forever"
    March 22-25, 2018
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    FEB 10 2018: All Cars 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
    What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!

Registered
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

The Tampa Bay British Car Club’s Breakfast Quest at Proino Breakfast Club in Largo was a great success with 25 in attendance. A big thank you to the hosts Hannah & Irwin Ayes.

I hope that everyone is prepared for the “cold” (for Florida) weather. In some places we are expecting freezing temperatures, Cover your plants, bring in the pets and make sure your British Car is warm and safe.

There are several great events that are in the next few weeks:

January 20 – Starts at 10:30 AM. FSMGCC’s Eco-Tour of the Pinellas County Solid Waste Management Facility, 2940 – 110th Avenue North, St. Petersburg. There is ample parking on the west side of the building. Followed by lunch at Quaker Steak & Lube. Discover the science and re-cycling principles used to manage the resources we no longer need. A classroom discussion is followed by a tour of the award-winning processing and disposal facilities. Please RSVP to Bruce & Bert Rauch at: 727-576-9474 or [email protected]

January 25Tampa Bay British Car Club’s Monthly Meeting. At the Paradise Restaurant, 443 Main Street, Safety Harbor. The meetings start at 7:00 PM and most people come early for dinner (about 6:00 PM) and conversations. Drive your British car. Join Us for the First meeting of 2018 and help plan the events for the year. And if you haven’t already paid yours Club dues, please bring a check to the meeting.

January 28 - 49th Annual Devereaux-Kaiser Car Meet 12205 Rangerland Pkwy, Lakewood Ranch, FL. For 1992 and older vehicles will be held from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. There is no entry fee and no judging; spectator parking is $5.00. Show location is: 12205 Rangerland Parkway, Lakewood Ranch. For more information, please contact Ed Smith at 941-924-0343. Fiona and I are planning to attend.

February 10 – Drive Your Triumph Day. Celebrate Sir John Black’s Birthday. Take a photo of your Triumph in front of a cool location, land mark…etc and sent it to [email protected].
    February 11 – Tampa Bay British Car Club’s Burger Quest at 1 PM, Chattaway, 358 22 Avenue South, St Petersburg, FL. One of the Club’s favorite BQ locations.

Registered
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    The Dead line to pay your Club Dues is only a few days away!!!

If you have already paid your 2018 Club dues Please disregard this email.

This Thursday is the dead line to pay your 2018 TBBCC Dues. You can mail a check made out to The Tampa Bay British Car Club, PO Box13435, St Petersburg, FL 33733 (we will accept the post mark date) or bring it to the Club meeting.

The Club dues are still only $30.00.

In order to receive the Classic Motorsports Magazine for 2018, your dues must be paid on or before January 25, 2018 (that is the Club’s January monthly meeting). If 2018 dues are paid after the dead line you will not receive the magazine as part of your membership.

I will be sending out delinquent dues notices this weekend.

Please give me a call if you have any questions or concerns.

Philip & Fiona Ross
    Co-Presidents for Life (And Beyond?)
    Tampa Bay British Car Club

[email protected]
    727-420-0467
    "Classic cars are NOT just Hot Rods, Muscle Cars or Mustangs "

Registered
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

The Club’s January Meeting was well attended with about 48 people, almost standing room only. We discussed several future events and made plans for the year.

We are looking to help a small local charity. Our 50 / 50 drawing donations have been going to different organization every 6 month. And we are asking for your help to find a small local charity. In the past we have donated to Pet Pal, Horses for Handicapped and Second Chance Rescue. If you know of a good local charity please contact me at [email protected]

The Tampa Bay British Car Club Dues are now past due. I will be contacting all the delinquent members this week. If you are delinquent PLEASE contact me at 727-420-0467 and I might be able to include you in the magazine subscription.

Have you made any Changes to you Address, Email or Phone Numbers? Please contact the Membership Secretary Alec Knight at [email protected] .We need your correct contact information.

We want to update the TBBCC Rogues Gallery on Facebook. Send me a Photo of You and Your British Car, include your name with make, model and year of car.
    Lets put a name and face with your car. [email protected]

Do you have a favorite back road cruise to an interesting place or restaurant, have you though about hosting a drive? Many Club members would like to get out and join you. Contact Phil at [email protected]and I’ll give you help in getting it organized.

February 10 – Drive Your Triumph Day. Celebrate Sir John Black’s Birthday. Take a photo of your Triumph in front of a cool location, land mark…etc and sent it to [email protected].
    Last edited by senor honda; 02-14-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Registered
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    What is GOF?:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpacqAilhUc

Hello again MG enthusiasts,

NOTE: If you are receiving this message by mistake, or if you want to be removed from further updates, please reply and asked to be removed.

> HOTEL ROOMS
    Good news. Hilton Hotel Orlando/Altamonte Springs has rooms available at the special GOF rate of $110 for GOF-South, March 22 through March 25, plus the day before and after.

If you were told previously that there are no rooms, then please phone the hotel or book on the GOF-South website. Book your room soon before they sell out. Don't miss this GOF.

Hilton Hotel Orlando/Altamonte Springs
    (407) 830-1985
    Tell the operator that you are with the "GOF South 2018" group.
    Or click on "Hotel"
    gofsouth.com

> 5-SPEED GEARBOX SEMINAR
    One of the most talked about and often misunderstood upgrades for MGs is a 5-speed gearbox. Jim Hall, owner of The MG Five Speed Company, is the 5-speed expert. He will show and tell you everything that you want to know about changing your 4-speed gearbox to a 5-speed in his seminar Friday morning at GOF-South.

The 5-speed gearboxes from The MG Five Speed Company are shipped directly to you from the manufacturer in the UK and will save you hundreds of dollars. Gearboxes and installation kits are available for TC, TD, MGA, MGB, MG Sedans, TR2, TR3, TR4, TR250 & TR6.
    Contact Jim at
    [email protected]

The Classic MG Club looks forward to welcoming you to the 52nd annual Southern Gathering of the Faithful, March 22-25 in Altamonte Springs Florida. Details and registration on the GOF-South Website:
    gofsouth.com

Or contact us
    [email protected]

See you in March,

Lonnie Cook
    TF7211
    Chairman GOF-South Mk LII

GOF-South Mk LII
    March 22-25, 2018
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Last edited by senor honda; 02-14-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Registered
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

We are looking to help a small local charity. Our 50 / 50 drawing donations have been going to different organization every 6 month. And we are asking for your help to find a small local charity. In the past we have donated to Pet Pal, Horses for Handicapped and Second Chance Rescue. If you know of a good local charity please contact me at [email protected]

At this date the Club has 117 membership renewals and I expect several more in the mail this week. I have spoken with The Classic Motorsports Magazine and they have given me a few more days (They Must have the list by Monday to guarantee delivery of the next issue) and I can accept Dues Payments at this Sunday’s Burger Quest. This is the last chance to have the magazine included in your Club dues. Paymentsmadeafter this weekend will NOT include the Classic Motorsports Magazine as a part of your membership.

Have you made any Changes to you Address, Email or Phone Numbers? Please contact the Membership Secretary Alec Knight at [email protected] .We need your correct contact information.

Attention Non Club Members:
    A large number of Non-members are currently on the Club’s email list. This number has grown to an unmanageable number and it has become a challenge to send these emails. As of March 1st, ONLY Tampa Bay British Car Club Members will be receiving the emails. The non-members are welcome to join the Club. Pay your dues this Sunday’s Burger Quest at The Chattaway Restaurant, 358 22 Ave S, St Petersburg, and a subscription to the Classic Motorsports magazine will be included in your membership, Starts at 1:00 PM.

Do you have a favorite back road cruise to an interesting place or restaurant, have you though about hosting a drive? Many Club members would like to get out and join you. Contact Phil at [email protected] and I’ll give you help in getting it organized.

Registered
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Updates about GOF-South Mk LII.
    It's only 40 days away and the excitement is building.
    Please note: The host hotel, Hilton Altamonte Springs, has sold out of rooms. Our overflow hotel is right next door and is a walk or very short drive with not traffic to all events.

Extended Stay America Hotel Orlando
    302 Northlake Blvd, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
    (407) 332-9300
    Lower rate may be available through on-line discount hotel sites. Check them and check the direct line for the hotel.

The last day to mail your order for GOF tee shirts and MG caps is February 19. Details are on the registration form. I have attached the form.

If you don't mind, will you please send me your address and phone number(s) so that I can send relevant information?

Hope to see you next month,

Lonnie Cook
    TF7211
    Chairman, GOF-South Mk LII

GOF-South Mk LII
    March 22-25, 2018
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    www.gofsouth.com

Registered
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I'm sending this GOF update via my personal email to insure that you receive it.

Hello again MG enthusiasts,

> Overflow hotel --
    Registered attendance for GOF-South is outstanding. The Hilton hotel sold out of the GOF rooms that were announced in my last update. But don't worry, our overflow hotel is right next door. A walk or very short drive with no traffic to all GOF events.

Extended Stay America Hotel Orlando
    302 Northlake Blvd, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
    (407) 332-9300
    Check rates on-line hotel sites and on the Extended Stay direct line.

Other hotels are nearby. Don't miss this GOF.

Embassy Suites
    225 Shorecrest Dr.
    Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
    (407) 834-2400
    Short drive, moderate traffic

Ramada Altamonte Springs
    150 Douglas Ave
    Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
    (407) 862-8200
    Short drive, heavy traffic

> Revised Thursday driving tour. 2:30PM --
    We received an invitation to a private tour of over 60 concours quality collector cars, mostly European, in a totally unique setting. I couldn't pass up this opportunity. So we will drive to the collection instead of to British car shops on the Events Schedule on the GOF website. The drive will depart from the Hilton around 2:30PM Thursday afternoon

The "Evening With the Masters" at the Hilton follows the driving tour. Join in this two-hour open forum of MG Q&A and advice from world renowned MG experts.

> Register soon --
    Next Monday, February 19, is the last day to order GOF Tee shirts and MG caps.

Friday, March 2 is the last day to submit your registration form to be able to pick up your printed credentials at GOF. If you register later, you will be in a long line to create your credentials and possibly miss some events. You must wear your GOF name badge to enter all events.

The GOF registration form is on the GOF-South website...
    www [dot] gofsouth [dot] com

My personal thanks to all of you for the enthusiasm that you have shown toward GOF-South and also to the members of the Classic MG Club who have worked for over two years to make this GOF one to remember.

Hope to see you next month at the 52nd annual "Southern Gathering of the Faithful."

Lonnie Cook
    TF7211
    Chairman GOF-South Mk LII

Last edited by senor honda; 02-14-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Registered
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Some historic photos of GOF South:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTHxyFV5zxg

Registered
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

WOW, the Burger Quest at The Chattaway was one of the largest we have ever had, we counted 49 club members and a large number of classic British Cars in the parking lot. The food was good, the weather was warm and the company was great.

In the past we have changed charities after each Club picnic, I now propose that we stay with the next charity for a full year. I have received the names of a few small local charities. And at this month’s club meeting we will be voting on which charity to choose to receive the proceeds of the 50 / 50 drawings. Any members attending the meeting can propose another charity. The charities under consideration are:
    Another Puerto Rico Hurricane project
    Oldsmar Cares
    St. Petersburg Free Clinic’s abused women program
    Foundation for Sustainable Families
    Charge Syndrome
    And if anyone familiar with these charities please come to the meeting and tell us about it.

At this time the Club has 130 membership renewals and I sent the list to the Classic Motorsports Magazine. The May issue is at the printer and should arrive at you homes in mid March. Any renewals or new members after today’s date will NOT receive the magazine,

Attention Non Club Members:
    A large number of Non-members are currently on the Club’s email list. This number has grown to an unmanageable number and it has become a challenge to send these emails. As of March 1st, ONLY Tampa Bay British Car Club Members will be receiving the emails. The non-members are welcome to rejoin the Club. I will be sending all non-members an email before the emails are stopped. The Tampa Bay British Car Club events will be listed on the Club’s web site, non-members are still welcome to join us at any event.

Do you have a favorite back road cruise to an interesting place or restaurant, have you though about hosting a drive? Many Club members would like to get out and join you. Contact Phil at [email protected]and I’ll give you help in getting it organized.

There are several local British Car Events and some local car shows in the next few weeks. Clean and polish your car and take it our to a show and remind everyone that Classic Cars Are More Than Hot Rods, Muscle Cars and Old Chevy’s.

February 17 - Tour to the Ballyhoo restaurant in Tampa for lunch, hosted by Ted & Marilyn Badger - meet in the Gandy Dog Track Parking lot at 10:30 A.M and depart at 11:00. The drive is about one hour long. RSVP to Ted Badger at: (727) 465-6448 or [email protected].

February 18 – Crusin’ at The Capital Classic Car Show from 12 - 5pm. Reminisce over your favorite classic cars on display while enjoying an afternoon of free live music by Reverend Barry and the Funk. Specialty food vendors will have food and beverages available for sale. This free event will take place on the 300-400 blocks of Cleveland Street and Downtown Clearwater Waterfront in the downtown district of Clearwater. All ages are welcome. https://www.rutheckerdhall.com/event/cruisin-capitol Fiona, Ranger and I are planning to attend.

February 22 – Tampa Bay British Car Club’s Monthly Meeting. At the Paradise Restaurant, 443 Main Street, Safety Harbor. The meetings start at 7:00 PM and most people come early for dinner (about 6:00 PM) and conversations. Drive your British car.

March 3 - Gulf Coast Historical Museum Festival and Car Show, 10th Ave, Pass-a-Grill, St Pete Beach– 9:00AM to 2:00PM, entry fee is a $15.00 per car donation to the Museum - Breakfast on your own or with others at 9:00 AM - please RSVP to
    John & Margaret Lester – 813-831-4869 or [email protected]

March 4 – B. I. G. Car Show in Cape Coral at Jaycee Park. [email protected]

March 10 – Tampa Bay British Car Club’s Breakfast Quest 9:00 AMat the Draught Haus, 600 Main Street, Dunedin, 34699. Hosted by Barrie & Lorraine Carson

March 11 - St Pete Grand Prix

March 17 – 8th Annual Show & Shine Under The Oaks, St Andrews Presbyterian Church, 705 Michigan Blvd, Dunedin, FL. Registration is FREE. 10 AM to 2:30 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information