Drag Racing Don't like turns? Tech talk about drag racing and drag event discussions here

Pic of my drag car

Old 05-31-2004, 04:20 AM
Livin' Large

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See sig, it goes low 12's as well. also has full leather interior, real glass power windows, ice cold air, cruise, tilt, cd player, XM radio, and can tow a honda to the track if need be Maybe I should strip it and get a stand alone?

In all seriousness, it looks good, I can't see me with something like that, but I can appreciate what you're trying to do.

Last edited by BigBadBuick; 05-31-2004 at 04:22 AM.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:07 AM

good luck with your project. im sure you will see 10s

frederick
Old 05-31-2004, 02:49 PM
Daddy-O

Alternativeauto,
Looks verry clean, best of luck with it.. Had my last combo in my mustang running LOW 10's all motor (of course it weighed 3000lbs+), lot of work and tuning, but all worth it in the end..
Wouldn't care if it were a 14 second trailer queen, as long as it's what you want or what you're working towards, screw everyone else...
Old 05-31-2004, 02:58 PM
Daddy-O

No action shots yet, here's mine though.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:09 PM

Glad to see a couple people looking past the #'s and appreciating the car for its potential. Not that I need to make any excuses, but when the car made its first three passes (the 12.2's). The motor was just assembled and thrown in the car. This car went from a pile of parts and a painted chassis to what you see in the pic in one weeks time (wish i could be that motivated every week). The motor has not been degreed in yet, the injectors are too small, the header was too small, the slicks were to small, the throttle body was stock, and was running on a near stock program. Wasn't looking to impress anyone with the #'s, if I was I would have lied and said it went faster. Just wanted to show what I did and with hopes to see everyone else post pics of the cars they drag race. My 103 c.i. stroker hardtail will go 10's on the air shifter, maybe I should have posted a pic of it.

Old 06-01-2004, 05:25 AM
i eat hamburgers

we-todd-did-racing..........................need i say more?

looks like alot of work.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:49 AM

www.we-todd-did-racing.com = free server to upload pictures on if you don't have a website of your own.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:26 AM
i eat hamburgers

just an interesting coinsidence i guess.

curious question....if your gonna go drag only why a 4cyl FWD serious question.....what benifit could it offer for a track only car?
Old 06-01-2004, 11:22 AM

No benefit against a RWD car with larger displacement, but I won't be racing against those. The vehicle was built to run a particular class. As to the question why a fwd 4 cyl. My answer is simply a true gearhead will try to make anything go fast, regardless of drive orientation and #'s of cylinders. If drive orientation and cylinders was the Basis of why or why not to drag race a car, then everyone should be racing mid engine rear drive V12's, but that wouldn't be practical. Some people have a camaro in their driveway so thats what they build, i personally do a large amount of performance work at my shop on imports, and have extra civics to dick with, so thats what i built. Hell, people race lawn movers and gas powered bar stools. Its really not about what you are racing, its about the thrill and the love for the sport.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:43 PM

dude nice car , and nice numbers all motor ,the way i see it every one's car has to start some where and those are good numbers for all motor ,if you dont mind i would like to know your motor specs ,im sure you will hit 10's