The Champagne Room Members Only Forum

2008 Perros Update Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy shit...time flies and shit changes along with it eh? Doesn't seem too long ago I was bitchin' to Mark about my engine, Greg was whoopin' up on people with the civic, Emo was healing from welding without a mask, and John was stocking his closet with civic turbo parts to install instead of EVO parts.

As for 2007...it was a fuckin' crazy year for me. My New Year's resolution was to find a new job so I spent most of the year in job interviews. Eventually I discovered Tampa didn't offer much of what I wanted so I started looking out of state. That's when all hell broke loose. Long story short, I'm now in Redmond Washington with my wife and both of us are working at Microsoft. It was always a dream to work here and I'm still pinching myself that I made it. Six hour interviews are a bitch!

Anyways, glad to see everyone doin' well. If anyone ever comes up to the Seattle area, give me a shout.

--Bill
Old 01-13-2008, 10:38 PM
flatfish

Holy shit Bill and Jesse both posted. Nice to hear from you guys.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Kung Fu Hustler

Kyle!

It's Good to hear from you.

I've been working in St. Pete for almost a year now with my old man trying to get our new company off the ground.

havent had much time to get into modifying my MR2, but I did take up autocrossing semi regularly last year which I enjoyed immensely. Hopefully I can go to more events this year.

Finally, I have a girl friend of 3 years who loves jumping out of perfectly good airplanes on a regular basis.
John Whizz1800:Mugen =136 ft lbs

AIM: Shinmantis

Last edited by Sangui; 01-14-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:09 PM
drives euro trash

Originally Posted by flounder
Holy shit...the flounder surfaced and posted!

Last edited by Alan; 01-14-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally Posted by marksaccord95
i can be skiing in 2.5 hrs
45minutes here.

STi in the snow...fuckin' awesome. Thought snow tires were a definite necessity. Took 'er out on summer shoes and was sliding around on corners at anything over 3mph.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally Posted by flounder
It happens once in a while. We figured everyone here deserved a little of what we have to offer; hockey talk and mildly witty banter.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
red ass

i love post from old school people.

yes the gokart! he loves it! Being a dad is the best!

Holly freaking shit flash burn hurts!! needles to say i always wear a mask now!! I always learn the hard way.

hey greg!!

I miss snowbaording, makes me want to move back north.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:02 PM
flatfish

Originally Posted by emodsm
hey greg!!

Hey Eric!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:22 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

well, i'm here and alive.

nothing really new with me.

i still live at home, i probably won't graduate til december of this year (7 year plan yay), i can't attract a non-psycho non-stripper girl to save my life.

i did get a real job last year, working as an IT guy for an environmental firm (that actually does exactly what jesse is going to school for - call me if you need a job) and more. it's kind of a do it all job, i admit im a pretty shitty IT person, but its a foot in the door. i'll graduate with an IT degree and basically no hands on knowledge except for a few programming courses that i've already forgotten about because i hate programming. the job is in bartow, only 10 minutes from me, and i'll likely have no reason or option to find another job for another 1-2 years and im sure ill end up spending the rest of my life in this shit hole called lakeland, continuously commuting to tampa on a weekly basis to hang out with anyone or do anything remotely in the area of what i like to do.

i been out and about since mid last year, having some great weekends with a few select people, and just trying to have a fun life. it really helps when im not actively looking for girl and complicating my life, friends and my own well being are much more important and everything else will fall into place later on.

i guess i was really late to the show as far as cars go, by the time i got my 240 all hopped up and into the 'fast' category, everyone else had moved on. i still randomly show up at meets and events (i'm good at being random), and i do know a large chunk of the younger TF/TR crowd just from that alone, but they're obviously not the same as all of you OGs...they're not as smart either. but its better than sitting at home sometimes. and its kinda nice to be the older guy and actually have people wanting to talk to me about my endless wisdom or something...i dunno.

the 240 started this past weekend for the first time since october 1st when it blew the head gasket, and minus a few loose ends its ready to go. 3 and a half months is the longest it's ever been down. mostly due to the fact that i bought a mazdaspeed 3, a nice sleeper looking 4 door hatch with a 4 cylinder fwd turbo engine putting out numbers that will make skittles and wrx's embarassed. hehe. the 240 is for sale, hopefully i can find someone to continue its journey, but chances are i don't really care and as long as someone coughs up the money they can wrap it around a tree drifting it on the way home.

this year i have plans to focus on my schooling (i say this every year), and actually graduate. in summer i will be looking to move out since ill be done with classes (fall is a project thing so i wont be needing to be living near school), and hopefully make the move to Brandon/valrico or something so i can eventually transition my career to that area too.

honestly life is good. im slowly taking on things of my own and this year i am on track to physically have the best body ever in my life, and im going to begin competitively running again if i have time.

glad to see everyone else doing well. one day we need to plan a bbq or little party (well in advance) to get everyone together again and reminisce and stuff. we'll even get bill and nikon on videoconference im sure they have some neat microsoft stuff they can use to interact
Old 01-24-2008, 04:11 AM
Just Ledoux it!

Originally Posted by dan
i did get a real job last year, working as an IT guy for an environmental firm (that actually does exactly what jesse is going to school for - call me if you need a job) and more.
Which firm?