The Cellar Archives of interesting, useful, or otherwise entertaining threads. Read only.

tasty pastry(believe me if you want)

Old 08-03-2000, 05:50 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Launching an AWD car is easy...BUT it is not like anything else...The feeling of the whole car just picking up and darting down the street...

I miss my 1990 EAGLE TALON TSI AWD!

RiceRocket

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 08-03-2000, 05:58 PM
gamehen

alright when i arrive i will post 4 you on tbr online
later

NS Racing
Old 08-03-2000, 06:18 PM
gamehen

also as for timeslipsN/A within 2 weeks of finnishing the car i moved to the new england area so i dont know .but if i was bold enough to guestamate i would say... well i just dont know. way faster than last crx (13.5) probley faster than my rx7 (13.0)but not up top gotta love that turbo uptop pull. with good tire i would say upper 12sbutyou really cant telli tried to estimate the rx7s time and was off 9 tenths (it felt 13.9 almost sold car wish i did)anyone want a turbo rx7 built/ported motor 0 miles real relaible (not really ha ha) the crx has a basiclly stock motor(swapcam spktscai)much more to come before i get down their to pick her up. car stays in tampa until it is a SOLID mid 12s with a timeslip
adios amigos

Cornish

NS Racing
Old 08-04-2000, 07:35 PM
No Ants Drift Member

here are my discrepencies i found... if you knew who this guy was why wouldnt you have said it.. but as soon as you were cornered you fessed up.

then there was the badging issue.. i love when people throw around different modles to look impressive and assume not too many people are up on it only to be proved wrong.

3... if you have a 12 second CRX im sure you really couldnt hear what his car sounded like slamming through the gears.. ESPECIALLY 1.5 CARS AHEAD OF HIM!!!

4... you raced a diablo to 4th

5... and you never said anything about him blipping his gas or anything.. you said that you did and he just so happen to move to the right lane.... i htought you innitiated it... hmmm....

6... i just have a real hard time swallowing the fact that your 0-60 is under 4 seconds or in the 4 sec range and youre cruising the streets...

7... STOCK MOTOR with a spinner.... HELLO?! am i alone here?!

not to be an ass trying to disprove you or anything.. but the whole lo9ng exerpt on how you were sipping coffee and watching this lambo go back and forth and talking about how you wished you could line up with a car like that.. make it pretty damn evident that you had never spoken or met this person before.. yet later you said youve talked to him and he doenst know how to drive..... im confused.. does he have a twin?

you know my subaru (1989 DL.. not impreza.. AH YEAH!!) took out a MacLaren F1 at sebring in the 23rd hour... yeah but i didnt want to embarrass him with the turbos.. os i turned them off...

hehe

------------------
If only those in high positions in this world would look down from their high horses they would see how much poop has collected on our heads -me <br>
Old 08-05-2000, 08:18 PM
gamehen

1st question? explain to me why it would matter if i had met him before? i didnt think that me meeting him on the causway was really that important and thats why i didnt post it. if you want i can rewrite it. i will put the topic asthe night i raced the guy with the red lambo VT that i met once on the causewayand saw 3 times at miami subs and a couple times before i raced him. and as far as being cornered ?who cornered me?yes i was corrected about the vt/sv crapbut what other time was i cornered?
and as far as the badging MISTAKE i apologies for not being perfect.Buti have never relly been into italian cars i knew it was 4wd and i knew they made a sv and a vt so i switched them around . big deal.
and as far as hearing his car .he actually got on it 1st and i could hear his motor. my cars not that loud. have you ever raced?when i race any decent car i can hear him get on iti always hear cars when they try to race me.i also know of a video of a friend of mine racing a countachshot by me in the pass. seatand we could hear the lambos turdy 12cly on the tv over the civics motor

whats hard to belive about racing a lambo to 4thwould you believe me if i raced him to 3rd or 2nd gear?
when did i say that he blipped the gas ?i said that i reved and he moved over.if you are refering to my annoyed post that was mostly my sarcastic way of dismissing your post on why it A:didnt happen
B: i just thought he was racing
C:me mistaking the car for a fiero
go over the whole sarcastic post 1 more time look closely it was a joke him slipping clutch letting me win so i could feel good about myself
#6 i dont think that my car runs sub 4 to 60 nor do i think his lambo could run sub 4 to 60. but does that really matter. my last crx ran 13.5 and i beat a viper in first and second(it doesnt take a rocket scientist to do that)and what does a viper gts run?????? oh yeah whaT THE HELL IS A Spinner .i said i had a swap basically stock(cam sprkscai)whats unbelivable about that? ive seen it done many times before.my car is fairly light makes a little power it moves out.
and about the pre subaru mclean paragraph about how i saw the car and wished i could one day line up with a car like that.why would that have anything to do with the fact that have or have not met him. i know a lot of peple with fast or exotic cars that i woulnt race unless i caught them at a light in a frisky mood.
alsoi started racing cars 8 years agoi belive that i can tell if someone is racing me.i think that although im not an old wise master of street racingi have enough experiance to tell the dif. between a race and not a race.
and im sorry about the long dumb pre race story. But i guess i was just stoked that i
HAD JUST BEAT A DIABLO and those who know me
know im honest and those who dont know me can believe what they want.

and to ES i dont like to talk about my car to muchthat is why i didnt say what i had done to my car until the end.i dont know i guess im just like that.

and one more thing mr vortec why does it mean so much to you. .i dont even know you and you must have spent hours(that is hours useing my typing speed as a referance point)to try and poke holes in my story. do you always treat people this way? i dont think that it is that hard to believe.

and to all a good night
C

NS Racing

Quick Reply: tasty pastry(believe me if you want)