Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Bike Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/bike-tech/)
-   -   price (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/bike-tech/248658-price.html)

vonrobins 07-19-2005 04:49 PM

price

whats the price difference between the 750 gsx-r and the 1000 gsx-r and 1000 cbr the prices on the internet are not the same as for what some go for at dealers so thats why im asking

Cecil 07-19-2005 04:59 PM

www.CycleTrader.com

Prices vary quite a bit... shop around, there are good deals to be had.

Dealers are on the high side of pricing...
The internet has forced prices down due to competion...
Pro's and Con's exist for both...
And both have a fair share of scams...

vonrobins 07-19-2005 08:51 PM

cycle trader has some good prices but also i just turned 18 and i dont think that i can get financed by my self or idk ill try my bank see if they will ,, but im looking for a 750 gsx-r or a 1000 gsx-r and not the 05 because there ugly to me

vonrobins 07-19-2005 08:53 PM

im not looking for a new bike i want something used and im not planing on getting it to the end of august

FiReBReTHa 07-20-2005 05:24 AM

if you just turned 18 no you wont.

dont bother because you will get an inquiry on your credit which then hurts your credit. if you have financing or credit questions post up.

F*r*a*n*k*e*i 07-20-2005 05:52 AM

If you're 18 the best you can do is get a cosigner or pay cash. Getting a cosigner and actually getting the loan is great for establishing credit though. Is this your first bike? If so, the standard recommendation of a smaller, used, cheap bike applies.

FiReBReTHa 07-20-2005 07:21 AM

yep, frank hit it on the head.

I am now at work so can further what i was getting to before.

If you have someone with good credit that would cosign their name you then also get some credit rubbed off onto you. Also be sure to get a visa check card from bank of america and then never use your pin number, but ALWAYS be sure there is allot of cash in your account, more than you would pull out. Then eventually get a card from providian.com and keep up on your payments and keep a balance of 40% this will increase your credit.

Do not rush it, If you cant afford it, then you have to wait. I am waiting a while until my fico score goes up another 30 points so I can get the best intrest rate.
go to www.transunion.com they should have a "Learn about how credit works" section.

and yes, get a cheaper bike. Remember that 1. you are still a noob to driving. there is some experiance you can only get from age.
2. you are more of a noob to driving on a bike because of age/experiance.

FiReBReTHa 07-20-2005 07:23 AM

dont forget a good helmet is 300, a jacket is another 150+ and you might want to consider shoes that cover your ankels. Dont be another stupid noob on the road. if you think your all steel then look down at the other posts of all the members on here that have been injured who have more experiance thann you.

Cecil 07-20-2005 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa
dont forget a good helmet is 300, a jacket is another 150+ and you might want to consider shoes that cover your ankels. Dont be another stupid noob on the road. if you think your all steel then look down at the other posts of all the members on here that have been injured who have more experiance thann you.

YES!

Gear Nazi's Unite!

jk..

But seriously, take into consideration the cost of gear.
It's not that expensive once you weigh the cost.

vonrobins 07-20-2005 08:22 AM

man you guys know alot ,, but yea i already have my own gear from when used to ride my brothers bike and yes i know about safety ive ran into some deep shit a couple times already on friends bike and even a swapped 700 350 banshee