Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Defense Law passed?

Old 07-08-2005, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defense Law passed?

Was getting bits and pieces of this from several threads and wanted to know if anyone can completely clarify it for me... apparently Jeb bush passed a new law for self defense... I dont wanna make any assumptions on it , because i have heard several conflicting pieces of the law... i read about it in a bike theft thread as far as defending property and ect... any info would be great....thanks....
Old 07-08-2005, 09:56 PM
TraumaInDHead

u talking bout carrying and poppin a fucker in the street?
Old 07-08-2005, 10:45 PM

Talking

I think it gets around in October not to sure. Somewhere in the Fall.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Quimsickle

I think this is what your talking about

Ch. 2005-27 (C.S. for C.S. for S.B. 436) Authorizes the use of force, including deadly force, against an intruder or attacker in a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle under specified circumstances; provides exceptions; conforms specified provisions. Provides immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force. Effective October 1, 2005.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:51 PM

yep , that would be the one , and you gave me what i needed.. thanks Holmes , appreciate it...so on to my more elaborate qustion , what kinda provisions and exceptions is it implying about...
Old 07-10-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm Bored

Originally Posted by bholmes
I think this is what your talking about

Ch. 2005-27 (C.S. for C.S. for S.B. 436) Authorizes the use of force, including deadly force, against an intruder or attacker in a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle under specified circumstances; provides exceptions; conforms specified provisions. Provides immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force. Effective October 1, 2005.
yep.
meet force with force
PUÑETA CABRONES FEDERALES HIJOS DE LA PUTA MADRE Q LOS PARIO USTEDES
SON UNA ENFERMEDAD NISIQUIERA MERECEN SER LLAMADOS HUMANOS SON UNAS
MISERABLES CUCARACHAR Q NO SABEN Q CARAJO ACER CON SU PUTA VIDA.. YO
LES TENGO UN CONSEJO... AMARENSE UNA SOGA A LAS BOLAS Y TIRENSE DE UN
PUENTE CABRONES
Old 07-10-2005, 08:50 PM

I think they have to actually threaten you still. The main difference between this and the old law is you dont have to be cornered or anything. The old law stated if you could run, do it. This one says blast away.

I dont think you can shoot them in the back however. Still a non no

"On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him."
Buddha
Old 07-11-2005, 10:48 AM

If someone is stealing your bike or car YOU MAY NOT use force to protect PROPERTY. ONLY LIFE. If you are in it or on it while they are trying to steal it and "feel your life is threatened" then you may use deadly force.

I dont think you can shoot them in the back however. Still a non no
Also a mis-conception. If I am confronted by a gunman who has killed a person, I draw my weapon, he runs. I can shoot him dead in the back w/o worrying about reprocussions because i have REASONABLE INFO THAT HE MAY SHOOT SOMEONE ELSE (after all he just did), and I am protected under the law to defend my life as well as those around me.

AGAIN, you MAY NOT use deadly force to defend property unless you are in it and feel threatened.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:16 AM
gone fishin

It's always better to be judged by 12, rather that carried by 6.

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)
Old 07-11-2005, 11:59 AM

ahaha, i was watching "Reposessions" on Discovery and in Texas if its after dark you can presume someone walking through your front yard is a burgler and open fire at the person. makes reposessing a vehicle a lil tricky at night.

Quick Reply: Defense Law passed?