Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Autocross Thoughts from PCA Zephyrhills Event

Old 09-29-2002, 01:55 PM
All Aboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autocross Thoughts from PCA Zephyrhills Event

just wanted to know what everyone else thought...who ran. unfortunately as all who were there know, only a few of the cars in the "other" class got in a run before the rain came. i wasn't so lucky, as it had been raining for about 5 minutes or so...which kinda sucked. then after that...it poured and the event was basically over.

saw some nice cars though, including a saleen mustang that was mean as hell, a few nice m3's and one extremely nice porsche 996 which wasn't running, just attending the event to watch.

i'm just interested to see how everyone else liked the course...etc...as this was my first higher speed auto-x course that i've driven on...

and i'll be in gainesville next weekend, so leonard, we can finally race one another then.
Old 09-29-2002, 01:59 PM
Moon Equipped

that was a fun course i thought...of course those who are traction challenged didnt enjoy it as much for sure.....it only got fun for me once i started raining.

But the track surface really sucked, way too rough and dirty. Long ass down time too waiting for the damn porsches to finish (it is their event tho).

btw gainsville next week should be alot better.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:07 PM
The one punch machine gun

i was there unfortunatly i wasnt driving but thubs up to all my boy who were kenji,eric,eric...an two thumbs up for taka's FD3S!!!! awesome i am happy i finaly got to see it
Old 09-29-2002, 06:00 PM
OUCH!!!

The event at VCC didn't get rained out.....
Old 09-29-2002, 06:10 PM
All Aboard

you'll see me at the event in gainesville leonard. actually, right before the rain came the saleen i mentioned earlier ran a 51.xx. like 10 minutes later i got my first run in and it started to rain right before staging...and i ran a 54...and the ftd was a 48.xx by danny shields.

worth noting, your rival 400hp930 ran a high 53 on dry pavement...and he had 3 runs to do it.

believe me when i say this, my car will be even faster at the next event, i am doing work on it all this week.

can't wait to race in gainesville...should be fun!
Old 09-30-2002, 03:26 AM

man, it sucks to be sick!
95 Civic to get me to and from the bar while the Nissans return to glory.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:18 PM

i dont think 430hp930 rivals anyone in street mod? eric
Old 09-30-2002, 01:26 PM
All Aboard

isn't that the class tony rawson is in?

i would assume with that car he is...
Old 09-30-2002, 03:49 PM
OUCH!!!

I don't know that I'll be able to make Gainsville.... I'm on call this week (and the weekend) and unless I can sweet talk one of my co-workers into switching weekends with me, I'm stuck in Tampa.

Chet, You let Tony beat you??????
Old 09-30-2002, 03:57 PM

I would have had a 52.881 if not for the last cone on the course during my last run so my 53.75 will have to do.

It was good enough for first place in my class and I also beat every other car in almost every other class with the exception of mr and mrs sheilds in their 944, a couple other 944s (which is to be expected), 2 M3s and the saleen and a miata.

I was pleased with my results but I did feel really bad for the 3rd run people that had to run a wet and torn up course. Fortunately the next Z-Hills event is supposed to be on the new pavement.

Chet did well in his honda so he does appear to be an auto-x force to be reconed with. It will be good to have another TR member dominating the regional auto-x scene.

And to answer RainmanEK's question, I am in ASP. I think the 930 would be in Super Sport if not for the mods.

I am pleased to report that there were places on the course where you could almost do 80 MPH (I managed to peak at the speedo at one point when I was doing 72).