approved
Autocross and Road Race tires could become a thing of the past thanks
to our
Government looking out for us.
PLEASE take a few minutes and go to the Hoosier Site just copy
and
paste in your browser to get there. PLEASE take a few minutes to notify
our
Government that we need their attention in this matter.

http://www.hoosiertire.com/fmvsshlp.HTM

You really need to do this to help protect our sport Thanks.

Dave Hutter - Pres.
Gulfcoast Autocrossers ltd.
19700 Skipper Rd.
N. Ft. Myers Fl. 33917
1-239-671-9951

1990 E/S Miata

I also think its very important for all of us to use our political voices. I just filled out the form and it took less than five minutes. Please this is something that would affect all of us so lets band together and help each other out!

thanx
John
Old 05-26-2002, 04:32 PM
OUCH!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive read hoosiers complaints. I have one quesion for them. Is the reason they cannot economically produce the tire is because of the cost involved to make it meet the standards or the cost of having low production tires put through expensive testing processes. If its the former they will find a way to make the tires safer while meeting the safety reqs and I am not sympathetic. If it is the cost of testing then I can understand their pain. Unfortunately they leave the reason very vague which leads me to believe they would just rather not comply and want us to do the dirty work for them.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:44 PM

Who needs Hoosiers anyhow?
People are winning national events on Kumhos.
Kumhos are cheaper.
Kumhos may perform slightly less but for they money they are BAR NONE.
AND this is a BIG AND Hoosier has not even produced a RAIN version of the DOT legal series. They have a road race version and an autocross version but thats just different compounds. Theyve produced no tire that sheds water in either compound. Hoosier customers have to either buy Goodyear Gatorbacks or good old general purpose Kumho VictoRacers.

Hell even Kumho is producing MORE tires in the top performance line like the Ecsta V700. We need to rally behind the tire company that actually GIVES to the community and doesnt beg us to help them.

Not that I care what tire you use. I just felt like ranting again...
Hoosiers are a stickier tire but do not last as long. They are $$$ and if youve got the money I definitely recommend them. Just like if you have the money for a Street Touring LEGAL tire get a BFG T/A KD but if youre cheap get Falken Azenis.
Similar comparison.

-Shawn
Old 05-27-2002, 05:36 PM
Guy

First If you have a question for hoosier ask them.

Second Who wants to see the performance tire market shrink? Then theyll be able to charge whatever they want! You even said that hoosiers ARE stickier. Plus I know that alot of people are winning on hoosiers too. so i hardly see your point. If you want to let your choices dwindle and the prices of your tires soar then be my guest and dont toss your vote. However i think you put it best when you mentioned that you were just ranting.
Old 05-27-2002, 06:13 PM

I never said to not support Hoosier I jsut sid they have no place on MY car due to the price. Mind you if I HAD an unlimited budget Id run on Hoosiers over Kumho but theres no way Ill pay 50% more for less than 50% more performance and less wear resistance.
I said SOME people are winning on Kumhos... that means the rest (MOST) are on Hoosiers since there are no others DUH. Read my post before you reply.

-Shawn