Old 04-28-2002, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche*
Old 04-29-2002, 09:48 PM

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by weaser
Porshe event was good
Yes it was. It was the most fun Ive ever had autocrossing. Especially when I lost control and spun out. I really need to get some race tires. Weaser what car were you driving?
Old 04-30-2002, 07:34 PM

I have a charcoal grey civic hatchback. That course was fun had alot of slippery spots. my best time was 69 went off course once and had a 73. Porshe puts the best autocross events on. Went with rainmanekcaptain that post on tr. Next time ill look for you to get introduced. I know what you mean about tiresright now im running 13s I would like to put 14s on and get those falken ziens.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:28 PM
Haul'n the Family

Yeah I liked the porsche event as well. I liked the long track and decent high speed. I even had to shift into third briefly! It was great!

Although I have to admit I think the way PCA classed the cars was lame. The Porsches are classed into their repective SCCA class designations BMWs are grouped togther and then there is a class for all other cars.
That means my stock Nissan Altima had to go head to head against a formula ford race car. Kinda lame if you ask me. I heard it explained by a spectator at the track as an excuse for a bunch rich Porsche guys to give each other trophies.
Could be...because if they actually grouped cars based on actual SCCA classes the Porsche guys would have been smoked pretty bad by the other cars. Infact my Altima and Tacdouts Cobra Mustang bested several high dollar Porsches out there.But its their event they can do what they want. Im just happy to have another venue in which to autocross at!

My best time (96 Altima SE) was a 63.395
Tacdouts best time (97 Mustang Cobra) was a 63.344

*Ill post some pics I took at the event up soon.

Old 05-02-2002, 12:56 PM

Yeah i agree fast forward I didnt like getting thrown in to the others group. They should work on classing it a little better since there was a good turn out of other cars then porshes and beamers.