Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

where is the nearest autocrossing events?

Old 03-30-2002, 09:41 AM
OUCH!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly I wouldnt worry too much about going offtrack at Gainsville. All of the ground around the track is compacted as well as the ground under the dirt. Theres a couple of spots down at the far end where the ground drops away from the track level about 100 feet away from the track edge. Ive personally gone off track up there at ~65mph and had no issues. lstepnio has also had a similar expierence in his WRX although at a substantially slower rate.

Check out the CFR SCCA page ( http://www.eec.com/racing ). Frank has put up the rest of the fairgrounds dates for the remainder of the year.

I run SM so Ill see you out there....
Old 04-02-2002, 01:07 PM
1337 H4x0r

No GIR dates?!
Old 04-02-2002, 02:55 PM
OUCH!!!

Yeah!! Whats up Mr. Gainsville!!! Any dates up there????
Old 04-04-2002, 03:15 PM
Auto-x/HPDE user

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by 138MustangGT

We have had 3 incidents with off courses-
1- a SS Corvette at the State Championships almost hit spectators due to poor course design and the fact that they were less than 40 from the course (not my event it was run by buc region)
All of our O/Cs have been safe. If youd feel safer with a roll bar then so be it. I am just trying to quell any doubts you have with the safety of the site. We dont get going too fast we just carry all of that speed throughout the course. Our courses are usually 3000-3500 long and last a minute.
I was at the State Championships spectating and riding in my friends 240sx turbo (the purple one) and I was right where those spectators were up until about 5 min. before that incident when a Porsche 911 almost did the same thing so I decided it was time to move back. The reason I am concerned so much w/ rollovers is the fact that all I have is a 5 point attached to a harness bar which is not a very good setup but its all I got right now. The site I usually run at (Palm Bay/Valencia) have a much less chance of coming in contact w/ grass or dirt which reduces the chance of rollover. I want to run at Gainesville very badly but I dont feel 100% confident nothing will go wrong w/ the grass/dirt runoff area.

Chin Motorsports Driving School
Old 04-04-2002, 03:17 PM
Auto-x/HPDE user

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by 138MustangGT

We have had 3 incidents with off courses-
1- a SS Corvette at the State Championships almost hit spectators due to poor course design and the fact that they were less than 40 from the course (not my event it was run by buc region)
All of our O/Cs have been safe. If youd feel safer with a roll bar then so be it. I am just trying to quell any doubts you have with the safety of the site. We dont get going too fast we just carry all of that speed throughout the course. Our courses are usually 3000-3500 long and last a minute.
I was at the State Championships spectating and riding in my friends 240sx turbo (the purple one) and I was right where those spectators were up until about 5 min. before that incident when a Porsche 911 almost did the same thing so I decided it was time to move back. The reason I am concerned so much w/ rollovers is the fact that all I have is a 5 point attached to a harness bar which is not a very good setup but its all I got right now. The site I usually run at (Palm Bay/Valencia) have a much less chance of coming in contact w/ grass or dirt which reduces the chance of rollover. I want to run at Gainesville very badly but I dont feel 100% confident nothing will go wrong w/ the grass/dirt runoff area.

Chin Motorsports Driving School