Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Auto-X/Road Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/auto-x-road-racing/)
-   -   Central Florida Road Course in-car video (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/auto-x-road-racing/579109-central-florida-road-course-car-video.html)

CivEk4 06-15-2009 12:41 PM

Central Florida Road Course in-car video

In case anyone was interested in making their way up to Orlando for the Central Florida Road Course open track night here's a video to get you warmed up. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be and was well worth the $25 I spent. I would have been able to get 6 sessions in at roughly 10 minutes each if my car hadn't overheated after the 2nd & 3rd sessions.

YouTube - CFRC 6-12-09 Session #1

3dglasses 06-15-2009 02:10 PM

Looked like you were pretty far up that guys butt...

Loren 06-15-2009 06:01 PM

So, that's the track in Orlando, huh? Interesting.

CivEk4 06-16-2009 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Loren (Post 6738478)
So, that's the track in Orlando, huh? Interesting.

Yep, that's the one. We also describe it as interesting and unique. In the beginning it was very sketchy and borderline unsafe but now that a local auto-xer is working for them and giving them pointers it's getting there, but still a long way to go. Can't beat it though for $25 and not having to work the course.

LDadrenaline 06-16-2009 04:37 PM

looks much safer than when I first went out there for the titan demo day. If a few friends go out I might take the truck out again just to dick around.

If you wouldn't mind me making a suggestion though.... Wait longer to do your downshifts, you are revving it up very high and that will eventually destroy your pressure plate. That repair will most likely consist of a new throwout bearing, pressure plate, and clutch disk. Quite costly.

bam2002 06-16-2009 06:37 PM

Is there a set passing area.? Re how close the cars can get together. Id feel better if I knew the other drivers and was comfortable with thier skills.

I guess id have to sit in and hear the rules of the road before I decided..

Looks fun.. Ill have to get over there at some point.

CivEk4 06-17-2009 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by bam2002 (Post 6742052)
Is there a set passing area.? Re how close the cars can get together. Id feel better if I knew the other drivers and was comfortable with thier skills.

I guess id have to sit in and hear the rules of the road before I decided..

Looks fun.. Ill have to get over there at some point.

There is only one passing area, (the one where I was passing) and requires point-by signal first. They will let you know if you're following to closely and will black flag you if they don't like what they see, however they can't catch everything. It's sort of hit or miss on driver's ability, some nights there are good drivers and others not so much. It's getting better and they're still learning it'll just take time.

bam2002 06-17-2009 07:51 AM

So its $25 for so many laps? or the night? How does that work.
And how many runs do you get?

I may run over there for an event it there is enought seat time to justify a 90 min drive.

CivEk4 06-17-2009 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by bam2002 (Post 6743368)
So its $25 for so many laps? or the night? How does that work.
And how many runs do you get?

I may run over there for an event it there is enought seat time to justify a 90 min drive.

$25 per event night, 8-10 minute sessions 1 minute range lap times with 5-6 sessions per night depending on attendance.

RoadRacer 06-17-2009 10:40 AM

40 to 60 minutes of track time for 25 is a great deal.

Do they allow karts and have kart only sessions?
*edit* never mind I see they have kart sessions.