Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Reserve your spot Southern Sprint

Old 06-13-2008, 06:17 PM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reserve your spot Southern Sprint

Since we have the Schedule 99% firmed up I'm going to start accepting registrations to this event. I am capping online entries at 50, we can allow 60 but I want to give time for (those non computer savy to enter) before I sell the spots to the online waiting list.

tamparally.com - Southern Sprint Entry

so reserve your spot... I can't see this not selling out.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:02 AM

We need to start a thread organizing co-drivers.
For people (like me) who don't have a track permit, but can street drive and autocross, or drag. Oh, and share expenses.
Just a thought.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:09 AM

Or, get off yer but and go get some track experience this summer! Two events with instruction will get you there. You could knock that out with a single 2-day weekend at Sebring.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:25 AM

I expected that response, but it doesn't get myself or anyone else like me a co-driver.

Excellent event idea. Great job.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Spin Out
I expected that response, but it doesn't get myself or anyone else like me a co-driver.

We'll have the event website and forum online soon, that will help. If you get YOURSELF qualified as a track driver, that opens you up to finding an enthusiastic young autocrosser to co-drive with you. (instead of BEING the enthusiastic young autocrosser)
Old 06-17-2008, 08:27 AM
legend behind the cowl

Originally Posted by Spin Out

I guess I can make this public, we were waiting on hearing back for the track but if all things go as planned we will hold a Time Trial License preparation clinic and full track day at ERS. if anyone is intrested in attending SS but does not have the experience. only $150 extra on top of a paid Southern Sprint entry will get you a day on the track with an instructor at the end of which anyone attending will be certified to time trial and we will set up a competition event to get you used to competing.

Instructors will be $100 for the Whole day and get to do the time trial too or Free with a paid SS entry

Or if you just want to be one of the first people to drive the ERS racetrack Normal solo fees are $200 or $250 with instruction and no entry into SS
Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 AM

SPIN OUT,
As we get more details and get registered. I will possible have A spot open for you and I am trying to get a group of guys to attend this event who should have an open spot.

Take care,
Keith R
JFF Racing
BMW 318i / M3 / ?
Old 06-17-2008, 01:34 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Viveks car would be more competitive than mine and I need like 5 years behind the wheel of his before I do this

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 06-17-2008, 01:50 PM

There are times when you have to just do something because it's fun, competitiveness be damned. Do you think I competed in the One Lap in a Yaris expecting to WIN anything???

But, our classing in this event could very well have your Honda being more competitive than a Camaro. Our bottom two classes are made for cars like yours. One of the things we didn't like about One Lap is that ALL of the classes allow (and thus require) over-the-top modification (translation: $$$$$) to be competitive. We're trying to make our classing a little more progressive.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:43 AM

Thanks Keith, I'll keep in touch.

The track day before hand is inspired.

Last night I was thinking about what a great event this is, and I assumed you contacted magazines about covering this. (GRM?)

Originally Posted by Loren
There are times when you have to just do something because it's fun, competitiveness be damned. Do you think I competed in the One Lap in a Yaris expecting to WIN anything???
I still rooted for you to win.