Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Reserve your spot Southern Sprint

Old 06-19-2008, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jblaine
* What exactly is it?
* What date? 8/2/2008?
* What is the end result of attending? "Solo" sign off?
* How much? No info on pricing.
Work with me a little bit here... the link you posted is a CALENDAR entry... the date is pretty clear. [edit: okay, my apologies for the rant... the calendar app sucks. The actual event detail page does NOT show the date... WTF? I've disabled the calendar app, just going to use the registration app, it works... except for the payment issue.]

What it is is also pretty clearly stated, I think. But, much info will be added to the FAQ session as time allows.

I'm having a problem with our registration module right now, should have it resolved by tomorrow. All the pricing info will be clear with that in place. Sorry for the delay.

End result will be one track event with instruction for you to add to your driving resume. If you have sufficient prior experience, it may be enough for us to certify you as "Solo Qualified". I wouldn't want to give the impression that we can approve any driver who enters based solely on this one school event, however... such is certainly not the case, nor is it the "norm" for track event qualification. But, if you have prior experience, excellent car control, the ability to follow a proper racing line, understand the ins and outs of track safety, and demonstrate the ability to competently and safely navigate a race track without risk to yourself or others... the odds are in your favor.

Last edited by Loren; 06-19-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Sexist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chi town brat
Viveks car would be more competitive than mine and I need like 5 years behind the wheel of his before I do this
Boooooooo. Bust your track cherry and do it. Nobody is competing for anything just have some real fun.