Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

FYI about Moroso

Old 04-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Race Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI about Moroso

They are shutting down soon for about 5 months. And guess for what? They are redoing the whole track. Its all going to be fresh, in fact from what they are saying the new track wont even be on the old track, but its going to have the same lay out. They are doing race specific black top and adding 20' more width to it, adding proper run offs and FIA approve rumble strips. They are also moving the berms around the property and putting up rails instead. Theya re doing this so they can move the return road for the drag strip onto its own side so the road course and drag strip can run at the same time.

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Last edited by chi town brat; 04-07-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: photo language corrected :)
Old 04-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Sexist

I saw they had cancelled a lot of events so I was wondering what was up. Looking forward to the new layout. Does this mean we won't be staring at a wall going into turn 2? Gawd, that's a scary view.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:35 AM
legend behind the cowl

Originally Posted by Chuck 98 RT/10
I saw they had cancelled a lot of events so I was wondering what was up. Looking forward to the new layout. Does this mean we won't be staring at a wall going into turn 2? Gawd, that's a scary view.

Perhaps in a viper it was scary, with 175 horsepower it's only slightly disconcerting. of course Getting Ice-Cream in a Viper would scare me. I never really am comfortable in a BIG, hairy chested muscle car. I'm always afraid I'll get too aggressive with the loud pedal and the Giant rear tires are going to let go and punt me into next week.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:55 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

if both drag lanes will now have traction that would be a good thing .

thanks for the update Mars

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 04-07-2008, 03:21 PM
4.6 liter Rice Cooker

I'd like to see that setup. Thanks...
Old 04-07-2008, 07:36 PM
lazer guided ferret

Originally Posted by chi town brat
if both drag lanes will now have traction that would be a good thing .

thanks for the update Mars
+1 been sideways at the 8th just under 100 almost kissed the wall

zomg, its a mustang...and its turning... i must be some kinda sorcerer
Old 04-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Race Photographer

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
MOROSO MOTORSPORTS PARK TEMPORARILY CLOSES DRAG STRIP AND ROAD COURSE FOR MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR RENOVATION

WEST PALM BEACH, FLORIDA, APRIL 25th, 2008
Moroso Motorsports Park announced today that their drag strip and road course will close for renovations on May 19 and re-open in the of Fall '08 with new and improved tracks. During this period, the kart track will remain open and available to the Public.

The newly reconfigured 2-mile road course will be 40 feet wide, feature several areas of paved run-off and adhere to the highest FIA safety standards. Soft wall barriers will compliment the tire barriers and concrete walls. The redone drag strip will be concrete to the 660' and have retaining walls extending to the shutdown area. Compulink will provide the fiber optic timing and scoring system. Highly-regarded industry experts Bob Harrington and Wayne McMurtry have been brought on as consultants for the reconstruction project. Harrington's expertise lies in years of unsurpassed road course development and McMurtry has a proven history developing some of the country's finest drag strips. Together, their demonstrable knowledge will provide the best of both racing worlds for Moroso's loyal drivers and fans. With one of the most well-respected track operators in the country, George Case as the new Director of Drag Race Operations, Moroso Motorsport Park has put together a winning team that will deliver on grand expectations.

"This has been a long time in the making," stated Susan Moroso Strecker, CEO of Moroso Motorsports Park. "Our customers have supported us unconditionally and we are so excited to give them the facility they deserve."

Moroso Motorsports Park is located on 200 acres of wooded property in NW Palm Beach County and hosts more than 850 events annually. With auto racing being the #1 spectator sport in the country, events at the Park draw an estimated one million people per year, with media coverage impacting several million more. As a result, Moroso Motorsports Park has created an economic impact on Palm Beach County and surrounding areas in excess of $25 million.

Racers and fans can be kept up-to-date on the project by visiting Moroso Motorsports Park - Home For more information, contact: Susan Moroso Strecker, 561-622-1400

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 05-23-2008, 08:15 AM

pics

Moroso Motorsports Park - Construction
Old 05-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Banned

WOW i was just there for a FAAST event and i cant believe how fast they tore this track up! LOL i cant wait to see it finished it sounds like it will be an awsome track ill deff be back out there!
Old 05-28-2008, 03:50 AM
Sexist

Originally Posted by treekiller
Perhaps in a viper it was scary, with 175 horsepower it's only slightly disconcerting. of course Getting Ice-Cream in a Viper would scare me. I never really am comfortable in a BIG, hairy chested muscle car. I'm always afraid I'll get too aggressive with the loud pedal and the Giant rear tires are going to let go and punt me into next week.
LOL You're too modest. I'm betting you could handle it with respect.