Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Free stickers from ethanol group.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:38 PM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free stickers from ethanol group.

Many of you know I'm a big fan of ethanol blended fuels. I actually competed in the national rallycross on a 70% blend of 113 octane Ethanol.

Sorry I did not log the trip like I normally do, but, I was able to make the whole trip to and from Miami and compete (600 road miles, and 15 competition miles) in the event on only 11 gallons of gasoline the rest was ethanol.

55MPG of the dino juice in my normally thirsty Spec V.

I got an email and thought this was cool I snatched up a bunch of these, even shipping is free.

driving ethanol: Promotion

I try to stop and get E10 wherever I can since there is no E85 in Tampa (unless you have access to mac dill) the stickers are nice to get used to.

even with ONLY 10% ethanol I can be honest when I say the car smells less. a few points of free octane are welcome.

drivingethanol.org is a pretty well designed site and informative, and even keeping 10% of my monthly fuel budget in this country helps keep someone paying their mortgage during this tough time.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by treekiller
...there is no E85 in Tampa (unless you have access to mac dill)....
Only at the motor pool pumps...straight gasoline in the AAFES auto center.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:57 AM
legend behind the cowl

Oh that makes it even worse. I know my car likes E85 but is not too fond of JP-8

Last edited by treekiller; 03-08-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Infidel

Jp8 Ftw!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Sexist

I try to stop and get E10 wherever I can since there is no E85 in Tampa (unless you have access to mac dill)
It's coming. I don't recal which but a county around here approved an ethanol plant and a $7 million grant has been awarded.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:16 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I prefer real gas, but ehh to each his own
Old 03-08-2008, 01:42 PM

Oh that makes it even worse. I know my car likes E85 but is not too fond of JP-8
Kerosene rulez....
Old 03-08-2008, 04:10 PM
**Dont disturb,Sleeping**

Originally Posted by Chuck 98 RT/10
It's coming. I don't recal which but a county around here approved an ethanol plant and a $7 million grant has been awarded.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need this stuff NOW !

Any more details to what gas stations of were, when, how, who will carry the E85
( I need a healthy supply of this stuff in the Tampa/ Brandon area most specificially.)

And at some local pumps I see a sticker saying 10 % less ethanol? Or maybe it just said 10% ethanol... I cant remember, but would that be considered E10? And a few octane points were mentioned? I want the octane, thats the main reason of my interest in E85.

"America remains one nation, under drugs, indivisible, with perceived liberty and sickness for all." - Shane Ellison

Last edited by Black_Bullet; 03-08-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:49 AM
legend behind the cowl

They supposedly have one going up in hillsborough, port of Tampa. It's going up as a corn plant, but as soon as Chucky Crist signs the farm to fuel mandate, that plant could turn into a sugar to ethanol plant in a heartbeat. and if you understand the potential our state has as a sugar producing powerhouse you know these are all good things.

$100M port ethanol plant closer to reality - Tampa Bay Business Journal:

Black bullet. yes currently the stickers required are those black and white huge ugly ones, this is being replaced by these new more attractive stickers. if you order some drop them off at the next gas station you see with those ugly black and white stickers.

we use R+M/2 to determine our octane rating. and the pump numbers are minimum since pure "E-100" carries an R+M/2 octane rating of 113, the blended fuels have a bit more knock resistance, for example if they take a standard 87 octane fuel that gives you 89.6 octane. the funny thing it's still cheaper for them to "cut" the gas since ethanol right now has a bulk price ~$2 a gallon.

if you want to try them, pretty much every Hess and Wall-mart gas station are using 10% blends in their higher octane choices. but not always. I can smell the difference. like I said HESS and Wall/mart/sams club are your best bet. lately I've been seeing most of my marathon stations, displaying E-10 stickers.

if you want MORE E-85 NOW go to
National Ethanol Vehicle Coalition

fill out the petition. is it going to make a difference? well it can't hurt.
I know if I could get E85 anywhere I would build a 13:1 compression monster to use it. and with a good build up, you should see increased performance and similar mileage.