Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Rally-x Questions....

Old 03-04-2008, 10:48 AM
hates change

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally-x Questions....

Ok so im pretty interested in playing in the dirt with my s13 240

im not big into drifting in what not and i want to do something different...i have done the occasional auto-x but im thinking i should try my hand at some dirt fun too..

i have stock body work on the car...none of that aero crap or anything like that...

but nevertheless this is my DD and i know the inherent risks or there to rip off the occasional front bumper....

my question is this...

are rallyx sites sought out specifically for the purpose of NOT having any deep divits to rip bodywork off or is it just a hey this place looks good lets get in contact with the owner...

it looks like a ton of fun and im really game for it...i just dont want to rip off any fenders or bumpers...

it sucks cause even on just lowering springs and some tokicos the front end still sits kind of low...im just worried...any positive feed back will be repped!
Old 03-04-2008, 05:17 PM
legend behind the cowl

Originally Posted by Turbo that SER!
Ok so im pretty interested in playing in the dirt with my s13 240

im not big into drifting in what not and i want to do something different...i have done the occasional auto-x but im thinking i should try my hand at some dirt fun too..
i have stock body work on the car...none of that aero crap or anything like that...
but nevertheless this is my DD and i know the inherent risks or there to rip off the occasional front bumper....
my question is this...

1: are rallyx sites sought out specifically for the purpose of NOT having any deep divits to rip bodywork off or is it just a hey this place looks good lets get in contact with the owner...

2: it looks like a ton of fun and im really game for it...i just dont want to rip off any fenders or bumpers...

3: it sucks cause even on just lowering springs and some tokicos the front end still sits kind of low...im just worried...any positive feed back will be repped!

You'll Notice I broke your question up into 3 parts..

1. Good rallycross sites are hard to come by, so whenever we can find someone who is willing to take a reasonable fee to let us use their property we run an event there. That Being said we are truly blessed with East bay, the owners are motor sports nuts, they let us do and use whatever we see fit. and everywhere except the grass field does not rut.
even then we can run a bunch of runs before it tears up badly.

2. we have not had anyone rip off a bumper, although I know what you mean that the front of an S13 looks a bit like a snow plow.

3. most lowering springs are too low to begin with, the shocks should not have a problem with the surface. as in all motorsport, nothing is absolute. I ran the B15 in several rallycrosses lower then stock and had no issue... with that said. it's the drivers decision how hard to drive the car, you can always stop... But like all motorsports there are things that happen in rallycross that can shake loose somthing that was weak to begin with.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:47 AM
hates change

Originally Posted by treekiller
You'll Notice I broke your question up into 3 parts..

1. Good rallycross sites are hard to come by, so whenever we can find someone who is willing to take a reasonable fee to let us use their property we run an event there. That Being said we are truly blessed with East bay, the owners are motor sports nuts, they let us do and use whatever we see fit. and everywhere except the grass field does not rut.
even then we can run a bunch of runs before it tears up badly.

2. we have not had anyone rip off a bumper, although I know what you mean that the front of an S13 looks a bit like a snow plow.

3. most lowering springs are too low to begin with, the shocks should not have a problem with the surface. as in all motorsport, nothing is absolute. I ran the B15 in several rallycrosses lower then stock and had no issue... with that said. it's the drivers decision how hard to drive the car, you can always stop... But like all motorsports there are things that happen in rallycross that can shake loose somthing that was weak to begin with.
t/y very much...ive been very tempted to go do some dirt driving...and as long as there is no deep ruts i should be fine...

and im not sure of tech inspection but what about dirving with no front bumper? just rwemoving it all together to lessen the risk...would that be cool?
Old 03-05-2008, 06:03 AM
legend behind the cowl

it's cool with me, but keep in mind in the unlikley event you DO damage anything then there is no bumper to take the brunt of the damage..
Old 03-05-2008, 06:05 AM
hates change

well the core support and bumper supports are far from the ground...its just as you stated that nose looks like a snow plow..

but im def interested. just really need to get a clutch in first