Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

So anyone ballsy to do this?

Old 02-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Race Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So anyone ballsy to do this?

2008 US TOUGE CHALLENGE & MOUNTAIN ATTACK

FEB 15, 2008

The Sports Car Club of New Hampshire has added a Drift Class for NEdrift.com Driver Members.
US TOUGE CHALLENGE & MOUNTAIN ATTACK

(NEdrift.com #42)
Friday evening May 16th will be a Mandatory Drivers Meeting to prepare for the weekend.
Saturday May 17th will consist of Solo Practice runs.
Sunday May 18th NEdrift will make Drifting History as we Attack Mt. Ascutney in the first ever “US Touge Challenge, and Mountain Time Attack.” There will be two classes for our group.

Touge Challenge:
Judged and Timed runs will be recorded in the First Ever U.S. Touge Challenge “Drift Class” (T/C). Saturday is for practice. Judges will be stationed at various turns and will be looking for a combination of Early Initiations, Entry Speeds, Angle, and Overall Car Control while drifters transition the 30+ turns of Ascutney Mountain. Judges will use a points system and the best runs from Sunday will be used to determine the overall winner.
* (T/C) U.S. Touge Challenge- Judged & Timed = 20 Drivers Max.

Mountain Attack:
Drivers participating in the Hill Climb will fall under regular “Hill climb” rules and timed runs will take place on both Saturday and Sunday. Your best time from Sunday will be used to determine the overall winner.
* (M/A) Mountain Attack- “Hill Climb”, Timed = 20 Drivers Max.

Tech Requirements:
ALL (T/C) Vehicles must follow the stringent NEHA rules for Street Prepared Class. (Full Cages)
ALL (M/A) Vehicles must follow NEHA rules in Street Prepared class. (Cages based on times)
New England Hill Climb Association detailed rules can be found at. www.Hillclimb.org | New England Hillclimb Association | NEHA Please review them carefully.

Driver Registration:
Please see NEdrift Driver Registration form.
(Driver Registration and Membership Fees TBA.)

About the racing surface:
Mt Ascutney is a 4+ mile newly paved road with 30+ turns that runs from the base to the top of MT. Ascutney. The Sports Car Club of New Hampshire has been running events on the mountain for decades. Just two years ago the road got fresh blacktop. The road is not traveled over, or maintained in the winter so frost heaves should be at a minimum with some smooth transitions. The middle of the road is slightly crowned so drivers may want to add a small amount of travel in suspension adjustments.

Directions to Mt. Ascutney State Park:
To get to the Mt. Ascutney State Park in Windsor, VT from I-91, take Exit 8, then go 2/10 of a mile east on Route 131 to the stop light. Turn left on Route 5 and drive north for 1.2 miles, then bear left (at the “Y”) on Route 44A for one mile – the Mt. Ascutney State Park will be on your left. Be sure to stop and check-in at the Mt. Ascutney Ranger’s Station as soon as you arrive.

MT Ascutney Camping and Lodging Info:
Vermont State Parks - Ascutney Vermont State Parks. Back Mountain Road. Ph. 888-409-7579. Participants are allowed to camp on the mountain in the state park, however there are motels in the area too. A complete list of area hotels will be sent out to those who register to be a Volunteer, Sponsor, Driver, or part of the Media.

Volunteers:
*This is a Driver event and not geared for spectators. Due to the nature of the course we cannot deliberately make this a spectator event. The SCCNH insurance requires that everyone at the event be a participant; driver, crew or worker. Volunteers are positioned at various locations on the hill. They call in the progress of the cars and are the first responders to any incident. If you want to see this close up, be a corner worker and volunteer a hand by contacting rhanson@maine.rr.com. Please title your message "Volunteer".

Media:
Positions on the mountain are extremely limited due to SCCNH insurance restrictions and the nature of this event. Media inquires must be submitted and approved by April 15, 2008. If interested in covering this event please contact rhanson@maine.rr.com. Please title your message "Media".

Sponsors:
For Sponsor Inquires please contact rhanson@maine.rr.com. Please title your message "Partner".

Solo Practice dates:
(NEdrift.com #39) April 6: The Hobo Railroad - Lincoln, NH
(NEdrift.com #40) April 26: New Hampshire Motor Speedway
(NEdrift.com #41) April 27: New Hampshire Motor Speedway
(NEdrift.com #43) June 1: New Hampshire Motor Speedway
(NEdrift.com #44) July 13: New Hampshire Motor Speedway
(NEdrift.com #45) August 3: New Hampshire Motor Speedway
(NEdrift.com #46) September 21: New Hampshire Motor Speedway
(NEdrift.com #47) October 12: New Hampshire Motor Speedway
(NEdrift.com #4 November 8: The Hobo Railroad - Lincoln, NH
(NEdrift.com #49) November 9: 4th Annual Rumble @ The Hobo Railroad - Lincoln, NH

These events will emphasize the basic techniques of drifting in a fun, safe, controlled environment. Novice drivers will gain good safe experience in these forums. Time Attack Drivers, these are some of the best paved surfaces in New England -take advantage of it! Get your cars ready now, just under three months until the first 2008 event. Basic safety required, Snell SA200 or better helmets, Safety belts, Road worthy vehicles with no leaks.

Other 2008 NEdrift.com events will be added as they're confirmed.

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 02-25-2008, 08:56 PM

Not a matter of balls. If I could afford to go, I'd hit it!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:31 AM
fails.....

shit yeah, somebody hit me up with some cash and I'd be there.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:55 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Mars who do you know from the area that is going?

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 02-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Race Photographer

no one right now, I know some of the drifters are wanting to go on sfldrifters.com

Old 02-27-2008, 02:09 AM
legend behind the cowl

hum... Promoting a hill climb to drifters, I can't see this going wrong at all.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:51 AM

As long as they're willing to scrape pieces of novice drifter's cars off of trees and guard rails and winch them up from ravines... no problem.

(and somewhere in the rules on their website I saw the words "when a car crashes", so maybe they expect a certain amount of carnage?)
Old 02-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Race Photographer

they do it in japan it was only time before american finally stepped it up

Old 02-28-2008, 11:38 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by treekiller
hum... Promoting a hill climb to drifters, I can't see this going wrong at all.
there was a former hill climb car next to me in GA this past weekend, it classes out in A Mod. the guy really enjoyed that car and he was fun to watch out on course as well.

okay so that was off topic

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 02-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Race Photographer

Originally Posted by chi town brat
there was a former hill climb car next to me in GA this past weekend, it classes out in A Mod. the guy really enjoyed that car and he was fun to watch out on course as well.

okay so that was off topic
you better show, i'll buy you a hot dog if the lady is there for being a spotter