Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Fifth gear S13 E3

Old 02-05-2008, 05:55 AM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fifth gear S13 E3

Is out and being hosted at rally HQ for the next couple days.

DOWNLOAD HERE

And yes Vikki Cannot drive. I've said that for years but Jason and Tiff are pretty decent. and they actually give reasonable reviews. this particular episode has an endurance rally trial, (got my mental gears crunching) I think I might be on to something.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:31 AM
OG Join Date: 6-15-00

Downloading now.

1973 VW Squareback
1979 AMC Jeep Cherokee Chief

RIP Tim

Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Race Photographer

I spent a week downloading all the seasons of top gear, and ive yet to sample fifth gear

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 02-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Originally Posted by treekiller
And yes Vikki Cannot drive. I've said that for years but Jason and Tiff are pretty decent.
I love when people knock TV test drivers.

Vicky has been racing karts since the age of 12 and is an instructor at Silverstone...

And as for Jason and Tiff... Pretty decent? Jason was the Formula Renault UK champion in 1991, and won a BTCC championship in 2001... Tiff has finished as high as 3rd at Le Mans, and finished 2nd in the Le Mans GT1 championship. So yeah. I guess they're "pretty good".

I'm guessing any of the three would give you a good thrashing no matter the venue.

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:40 AM

Vikki isn't a bad driver IMHO. Granted, TV editing makes anyone look good but her past track record speaks for itself.

Looks like she had a lot of fun with the Vaux and the Carl.

1973 VW Squareback

RIP Tim

Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 AM
legend behind the cowl

why then, can't she keep both hands on a steering wheel, correction she does, but when she does she forgets to move or reposition them, if she turns the wheel more then 180 degrees she is either forced to drive one handed or completely crossed up. might work in a kart, not in a standard car. (this is nothing new, I notice it more and more every time she road tests, when she was driving the dukes of hazard challenger, the steering rack was so slow she couldn't get the car turned in time. So yes, her form is horrid.. not someone to model "best practices" after, if she is in fact an instructor, then she better not be teaching that to her students. Ok, as for Jason and Tiff, they are better then pretty good. while I was directly referring to their performances in this episode. since they did not do a direct head to head comp, and both were just road testing. which to be honest is the best part of fifth gear. Top Gear is funny and entertaining, fifth gear has 2 world class drivers (not just one) and very often use that for Head to Head. Substitute Vikki with Sabine Schmidtz and that show would be tough to beat. (with 3 way comparisons) (although being German, I doubt Sabine has the English personality of a UK presenter) But I can tell you every time I've seen her drive I am BLOWN AWAY!!! so yes there is a difference.

Of course I have a special place in my heart for a quirky German sense of humor. Combine that with unbelievable Driving talent, and, the fact she is a hotel heiress. and now how do I keep her from laughing at my request for her to mother my children.

Last edited by treekiller; 02-05-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 AM

Sabine is the shit, no question. Unfortunately, she'd only maybe be "TV worthy" in her native tongue.

1973 VW Squareback

RIP Tim

Old 02-05-2008, 07:11 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Who are you pegging as the world class driver on Top Gear? The Stig? I wouldn't guess it's one of the three presenters.

Originally Posted by treekiller
Top Gear is funny and entertaining, fifth gear has 2 world class drivers (not just one) and very often use that for Head to Head. Substitute Vikki with Sabine Schmidtz and that show would be tough to beat. (with 3 way comparisons) (although being German, I doubt Sabine has the English personality of a UK presenter) But I can tell you every time I've seen her drive I am BLOWN AWAY!!! so yes there is a difference.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:16 PM
legend behind the cowl

correct. the Stig was about equal to Lewis Hamilton's time in the reasonably priced car, that's world class in my book. and if you read the credits at the end of the show he actually is titled as a presenter.

Anyone Who has been living under a rock can learn about lewis here
Welcome to the Official Lewis Hamilton Website

I'm still a believer the Stig might not always be one person, and I know African stig, and Fat Stig don't count. and as of this season Stiggy-san (they are filming right now in Japan)