Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

The next rallymaster.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The next rallymaster.

Looking for someone that wants Training on becoming a rally master, if you are convinced you can find some good roads, I will help train you in the art and you'll be able to write your own rally.

anyone ?

Jeff
Old 02-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Do It In The Dirt

I'd like to at least talk to you about it. I grew up and still live in south Pasco and know alot of the rural areas. I may be able to come up with some roads.

I'll hit you up at the Rallycross in March

My Rail Buggy
Old 02-05-2008, 02:38 PM
legend behind the cowl

Dave, to be honest I am planing one more rallycross in April, but then I need to have the rally event prepared for May. if you want some more time I would highly suggest start scouting and marking them on a map. we can then link them together or use one of the more creative styles to hold stages. I have Mikey looking too so whoever gets a preliminary map to me quicker can be the rallymaster. I like Pasco, there are actually hills! The reason I recommend doing it early is because planing a rally well takes time, a theme. Oh and did I mention it takes time? and you want to have time to go back and change the event etc. unless you want to make it a full time job (which no-one does) I always recommend 80-90 days from start of planing to running a rally.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Do It In The Dirt

I guess you LITERALLY mean the "next rally master"

Well, I'm not in any huge hurry to host a rally. As a matter of fact, I just realized I won't be able to make the March Rallycross because I'll be out of town that weekend

So don't count on me short term, but I'd definitely like to learn and help.

My Rail Buggy
Old 02-07-2008, 09:27 AM
legend behind the cowl

we can break you in slowly, let you work a checkpoint or be on the planing committee so fat the planning committee WAS the rally master but, I think it's best to have the rallies be a product of more then one person. while I have disagreed with this in the past because I always felt a rally is such a personal thing to create. our events are big enough, and have diverse enough competitors to require more attention.