Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

The Tarmac Tease "T"SD

Old 12-04-2007, 12:08 PM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Tarmac Tease "T"SD

Attention rally fans!

Tampa Rally, Treekiller Enterprises in cooperation with Mandalay Solutions and AWD-TURBO.COM are Pleased to announce:

The Tarmac Tease "T"SD
Register here:
Registration Link

In the spirit of Tampa Rally we are once again raising the "steaks" of this event while shorter in distance then previous rallies the Tarmac Tease will promise to offer a challenge to even our "seasoned" rally teams.

Event to commence with a huge BBQ binge dinner and Tampa Rallies first scheduled membership meeting. where we will discuss the future of Tampa Rally events and the progression of our successful Rallycross program. (Jeff will also be available for rally master training for anyone interested in designing their own event) as always entry into a rally will qualify you as an official member of Tampa Rally and Performance, as this special offer will continue for the remainder of this, our inaugural year.

Event Start:
Timberlan Park
4903 Timberlan St
Tampa, FL 33624
Registration from 12:00 (noon) to 12:30 FCO 1:00 PM

Event Details:

over 60 miles of the best tarmac Hillsborough county has to offer, traveling in, around, and between 50 Named lakes. To finish with a New Orleans Family style BBQ at the much renowned "Hot" Rods BBQ

One will also notice this event carries a much reduced price, hopefully the Mini-rally style events can be interspersed into our season these events are much more family friendly, More social, and can be enjoyed by any and all street legal cars without the fear of unknown, unpaved roads.

Look forward to seeing y'all there

Last edited by Loren; 12-20-2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Fixed link
Old 12-04-2007, 02:46 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

But then we can't get stuck

Sounds interesting and this means we can take my car ... hmmm.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 12-05-2007, 10:35 AM
legend behind the cowl

Take anything! heck one might even be able to enter on a motorcycle... on second thought holding the route instructions might prove difficult.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Race Photographer

side car and a clipboard

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 12-05-2007, 07:09 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

wtf?

is this for real? i rally thru tampa?

more info?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:35 PM
legend behind the cowl

Follow the Link, but yes it is a Time Speed Distance Event through the Lakes of Hillsborough county, (not exactly downtown Tampa) ask some of the people that have been at the Hernando county and Polk county events. they are a blast.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:49 AM

Someone pointed out to me on another forum that our event announcement didn't include any info about "what a TSD rally is" and that sort of thing. Most event announcements don't (like an autox announcement... we assume that our audience knows what an autox is), but with TSD rallying being new to the area, we should make it a point to better explain what the event is so that the casual interested party doesn't have to make assumptions or go digging for information. (information that might be wrong)

So, with that in mind, here's a really good TSD Rally resource:
Welcome to TSDRoadRally.com - Road Rally News and Information: HOME

This is still a pretty "entry level" event, so we won't be using a lot of the fancy stuff that they mention there. Study up on things a bit and take their Rally IQ Test. It's been so long since I've competed in a complex rally that I missed a couple on the first round (haven't done the later rounds yet). But, we won't be using the tricky "MRD" rules like "Onto" and "Protection" this time around.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Gus

Holding the directions for motorcyclist wouldn't be a problem. They make magnetic bags that stick to the gas tanks with clear map pockets on the top. You would just need to be sure the cars and the motorcycles have some space between them.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:12 PM

What are the speed limits? can we speed? how do you win, get there first? i am just curious. i have never done one of these.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:27 PM

Wouldn't you know that I'm working on editing the instructions for this rally at this very moment?

Jeff has posted this link before in another thread, but it hasn't made it into this one yet. It's a really good source for information on TSD rallying:
Welcome to TSDRoadRally.com - Road Rally News and Information: HOME

To answer your questions:
  • The "speed limits" are whatever the speed limit is for the road you are on. No, you can't speed, that would be illegal! We can't advocate that.
  • The tricky part is that, in addition to the speed limits imposed by the government, each section of the rally has a stated calculated average speed or "CAS". The CAS for a section might be 35 mph... but it often includes stop signs, turns, stop lights, and other obstacles that will make it difficult to maintain that AVERAGE speed of 35 mph, even if the typical speed limit of that section is 45.
  • How do you win? There's the challenge. You win by following the route instructions and not getting lost AND keeping up with the CAS such that you arrive at each checkpoint at exactly the right time. Not the fastest... the penalty for being early is the same as for being late.

A TSD Rally is not a race. It's all about attention to detail and accuracy. That's not to say we won't find some interesting roads for you to drive on! But you don't have to break any laws to win.