Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

The Tarmac Tease "T"SD

Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 AM
Yea, but can you turn?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea i hear ya, but im really penny pinching so i can go pick up my car in TN and get it home, then track prep it. Not only that my daily driver needs new motor/trans mounts so thats a no go. Ill ask my gf is she wants to participate in her mazda 3. Thanks for the kick in the bum to attend its much appreciated.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:11 PM
aspiring luder

yeah man, i'll be out in the S2000 so the 3 can handle it, i do it with my girlfriend, you'll either be good at the end of the day or you'll want to wring each others necks

do like we do and have one pay for the event and one pay for fuel, or whatever, but its a ton of fun, if you don't make this one i highly suggest you attend a future one, we're having plenty
Old 01-25-2008, 04:33 AM

Just one final note from me:

Pre-registration was NOT required for this event. So, if you wake up Saturday morning and feel like giving it a shot, come on out! Just make it a point to be there by around 11:30 so you'll be sure to not miss the driver's meeting. Much will be covered at the driver's meeting.

Here's the event info again:
Tarmac Tees Event Info
Old 01-25-2008, 05:35 AM
Yea, but can you turn?

Working over time saturday money comes first. Please keep me posted on the next rally, as im sure i will attend. Good luck you guys and enjoy.

Oh and this will def not be my first rally, and i know how in the end it can go either way, Love/Hate. Me and my dad have been doing them since i was a kid and we have gotten really good at them, always placing top 3 for the last 10 years. If we dont, we kinda get pissed, ina playful way, pointing fingers, well you said this, or you did that, its fun nonetheless. Anyways, you all enjoy, im looking forward to the next one.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:41 AM
legend behind the cowl

I think the Stories are the best part of Rally, that's why I insist on the finish being at a good meeting place. The stories are more important then any trophy
Old 01-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Yea, but can you turn?

Oh for sure, good times
Old 01-30-2008, 05:21 PM
PWN5 J00

How did everything go???

I really dropped the ball and missed this event. I am still kicking myself, as our my team mates. LOL

Well we will be at the march auto-cross. Should have the RS up and running along with my STi out there.

- Mike
Old 01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
aspiring luder

for me, i've never finished worse in an event
Old 01-30-2008, 07:31 PM

The rally course ended up being far more "challenging" than the typical novice could handle. With all but about 2 teams being novice rallyists, it just didn't work out too well. Add to that a glaring error by the rallymaster (me) that got EVERYONE lost on the 4th leg... yeah, it could have been better.

I think folks had a good time, anyway. And Jeff and I learned not to throw too many new concepts at folks from one rally to the next. A lot of good ideas were brought up by competitors, too. (such as offering a "novice" set of instructions for the novices that might be easier to follow than what is given to the "experienced" teams)

Hey, I didn't get lynched at the end, so it must not have been TOO bad!