Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

The Tarmac Tease "T"SD

Old 12-17-2007, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmmmm? soooo its a really long road trip. idk i love driving but that doest seem very 'thrilling'. interesting roads sounds cool though. idk i will read more on it.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:46 PM
legend behind the cowl

well there is more to it then that. if you think TSD is just a casual road tour. we have teams that carry $1200 worth of equipment in fully equipped cars to get the best possable score. (and have to run in their own class because of it) Loren Is from the old rally school, I'm more from the new rally school.

his event is going to challange the "team" more then my events tend to do, where my rallies traditionally are straight Drive-X style. (simple tulip instructions, difficult to drive roads) this event is going to be more of a traditional TSD. the driver will have to work to keep up pace, however the navagator is going to have to work and think to get a good score.

Granted no autosport is for everybody... but it's cheap to try and see if you like this shorter one, then if so come out and try one of my 6+ hour endurance rallies. they are not for the weak... there is no other form of autosport where you can match the Dollars per seat time ratio. plus the comunication lessons learned are vital to carring into professional rally.

Last edited by treekiller; 12-17-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by treekiller
well there is more to it then that. if you think TSD is just a casual road tour. we have teams that carry $1200 worth of equipment in fully equipped cars to get the best possable score. (and have to run in their own class because of it) Loren Is from the old rally school, I'm more from the new rally school.

his event is going to challange the "team" more then my events tend to do, where my rallies traditionally are straight Drive-X style. (simple tulip instructions, difficult to drive roads) this event is going to be more of a traditional TSD. the driver will have to work to keep up pace, however the navagator is going to have to work and think to get a good score.

Granted no autosport is for everybody... but it's cheap to try and see if you like this shorter one, then if so come out and try one of my 6+ hour endurance rallies. they are not for the weak... there is no other form of autosport where you can match the Dollars per seat time ratio. plus the comunication lessons learned are vital to carring into professional rally.
yea i might give it a try. ill probably find it fun. who kows?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:24 AM

Only two days left to take advantage of the Early Bird registration price of $30. Register Now!
Old 12-23-2007, 07:02 AM

Due to a configuration error that prevented anyone from registering on Dec 22, we have extended the Early Bird registration deadline until midnight, Dec 25. Merry Christmas!

Register Now!
Old 12-23-2007, 03:13 PM
aspiring luder

only 4 people...
Old 12-23-2007, 03:59 PM
OG Join Date: 6-15-00

Sounds like fun, I signed up.

1973 VW Squareback
1979 AMC Jeep Cherokee Chief

RIP Tim

Old 01-05-2008, 01:10 PM

Okay, holidays are over, time to get registered for the rally!
Registration Link

The route is very nearly finished. Did a pre-run with a novice navigator yesterday. He didn't get lost with a little help... but he did find some challenges. Are YOU up for the challenge?
Old 01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
OG Join Date: 6-15-00

My nav is an ace, lets just hope that I can follow directions. I can't wait!

1973 VW Squareback
1979 AMC Jeep Cherokee Chief

RIP Tim

Old 01-08-2008, 05:52 PM

It's all about the navigator. The driver is just that dude who drive's the car.