Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Florida alternative fuel locator

Old 11-07-2007, 03:19 PM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida alternative fuel locator

Florida's Alternative and Renewable Fuel Station Locator - FDACS

Lots of 10% ethanol around. it's a little cheaper and will run in any car. that is why you'll find it at sams club and wall mart stations (murphy usa) but hey if you can offset one gallon with each fillup. I'm going full E85 but some are less crazy then me.

I like the E-10 it stinks less and runs cooler, I LOVE E85 it's just hard to find 'round here.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:01 AM

From what I've read your mileage w/E85 suffers a bit but with E-10 I can imagine the difference is marginal ?

I have a Murphy right on my way to work, maybe I'll try it for a few tanks.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:50 PM
who stole my intercooler?

a hess around the corner from work off eastbay has the e10, been using it for a few weeks. i don't think it's much cheaper than regular, atleast not at this station. my mileage has sucked but that could be due to a clogged fuel filter...
Old 11-08-2007, 05:46 PM
legend behind the cowl

Worst case using E-10 there may be a small decrease in mileage (2%) or .5 mpg on a 25 mpg car. I would not be afraid to reset the ECU, I do mine Every time I change fuel composition , as even if I run regular I get some knocking if I don't let the ECU re-learn. (the late Qr25's don't have teh hyper sensitive knock sensors of the early ones) Now that being said once I do this the car is very fuel friendly, allowing as low as 85 octane or as much as E-50 all within the factory parameters without throwing any codes.