Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

TKE- November 25th Burns/McRae Memorial Rally.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:08 PM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TKE- November 25th Burns/McRae Memorial Rally.

With recent Events, The turkey trot rally is not going to happen, With The recent Passing of one of my driving heros Colin McRae. it's the least I can do to hold this event in His and Richard's honor.

For those not in the know Colin McRae and Richard Burns were best friends and two of the greatest rally drivers to ever put on firesuits. and both taken well before their time, neither behind the wheel.

Why the date change?
November 25th Will be 6 years to the Day of Richard Burns Becoming the first Englishman to be crowned WRC champion, and 2 years to the day of his untimley demise at age 34. to honor these best friends and teammates This rally will not be held as a here to there rally but instead use the most challanging rally roads I can find, and be an all out TSD our friends at the brooksville moose wanted to know if they could help so they are providing breakfast during registration.

keep in mind the moose lets us use their facility so please purchase breakfast from them (it's $4 folks) that's cheap for all they give us.

What: Burns/McRae Memorial TSD
When: November 25th 9:00 AM (Registration closes at 10:00)
Where: Brooksville Moose lodge (wiscon Road Brooksville)

Sorry I did not keep this board updated but I felt this change was needed.

Since this is a REAL TSD, I kept treekiller beginer friendly now that most of you are all experenced enough we can up the ante.

4" Ground Clearance MINIMUM: (everyone did okay at treekiller but this event will be brisker and a bit more difficult) there are spots where if it's raining they turn into 3" deep water crossings so plan accordingly. I drove them last night in the rain and made it through and by november the rainy season will be over, but who knows.

All Season, Snow, or rally tires reccomended:
These roads are a bit more agressive and more Dirt/MUD/CLAY then sand. so please plan accordingly, the clay/mud gets very sliperery when wet and while you will make it through on summer tires you'll have more fun with some tread. (This means you mike)

David Richards - WRC supremo / Prodrive boss (as told to Reuters):
"You don't become a world champion without being a great, great driver. He will stand out amongst them as one of the icons of the sport. It's easy to think of him just as an English star but remember that he won events all around the world and he had an extraordinary following. He was the first English world champion and he did it in great style as well, he was very professional in the way he went about it. He and Colin [McRae] were great pals but nonetheless two completely opposite ends of the spectrum with Colin's flamboyance and Richard's sheer determination and professionalism. He - Burns - had a very methodical, determined style."

Last edited by treekiller; 09-22-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:28 PM
aspiring luder

anywhere around i could get a used set of rally tires?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:16 AM

Sorry I will have to miss this one. IT is the same day as the BMW vs Porsche Auto X at brooksville. I can send the trophy up with some one. IF there is any one in the brandon area to hand it off to. Or if you want to get me the address of the rightful 1st place Equipend winner I can mail it out to them.

Barry
Old 09-24-2007, 02:10 PM
legend behind the cowl

Originally Posted by jlude90
anywhere around i could get a used set of rally tires?
all seasons will work fine. I pre ran this weekend on the Re-01R's and except for making a wrong turn and having to make a 6 point turn on a narrow one lane dirt road it was fine.

As usual registration Prior to 10/30/07 is discounted to $40 with late or walkup registration $50
Old 09-24-2007, 04:35 PM
beast from da middle east

im going to try and make this one this time i saw no mitsu in the pic thread from before.....so im going to come and represent...do you have to be a member of scca to do these?
|_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]------------------__/----\___
"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)--------------~['(@)***(@)_'\

Old 09-25-2007, 01:56 PM
legend behind the cowl

No I was not happy with the SCCA last event so we are not using their sanction, this will be don as a private club event. same basic rules apply just none of the Administrative BS that interfered with TK.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:07 AM
has whippled VTEC

Man I would really like to make one of these! My civic definitely doesn't meet the ground clearance but if the 240 is running by then ill set coilovers to monster truck.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
legend behind the cowl

or post up here I'm sure there are plenty of potential rally drivers looking for Co-Drivers.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Race Photographer

i'l be out taking pics, I wanna get with you sometime about the course. I'll bring my truck as a support vehicle, keep a few shovels and shit in the back incase anyone gets stuck.

though someone needs to bring the shovels and shit

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 10-04-2007, 09:25 AM

Not 100% sure on a navigator yet but I'll figure that out later... I'm in... instructions for payment on this one Jeff?

I'll bring my tow strap..........someone else can bring the shovels