Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

who does good alignments?

Old 08-05-2007, 03:12 PM
who stole my intercooler?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who does good alignments?

i've decided i need to get my car aligned. think it's been like 3yrs

i forget the name of the shop who most people take their car too so if someone could give me the name and or suggest other reputable shops i'd appreciate it. fyi, i'm not looking for a tire kingdom or any goofyass shop like that

also, what is the approx price or what were you charged? i was thinking about taking it to mastro but i'm not sure if i trust opie anymore
Old 08-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Wanna buy a monkey?

I took my Miata to Cars & Concepts in Tampa. Really top notch work. The settings were exactly what I asked for, right down to the hundredth of a degree! Plus you can drool over all the pretty BMW's while you're there. It's a busy shop so you may have to make an appointment a couple weeks in advance....

I think I paid about $125 after tax.

Cars & Concepts, Inc.

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!
Old 08-05-2007, 05:51 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by jaball77
I took my Miata to Cars & Concepts in Tampa. Really top notch work. The settings were exactly what I asked for, right down to the hundredth of a degree! Plus you can drool over all the pretty BMW's while you're there. It's a busy shop so you may have to make an appointment a couple weeks in advance....

I think I paid about $125 after tax.

Cars & Concepts, Inc.
+1 Steve made me very happy there

My hatch performed great on the autox and Sebring course

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 08-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

I had XAT racing set up mine this week for this weekends autoX event. It was great and about the same price as the afore mentioned. just call them
Old 08-05-2007, 07:47 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

I took my old DSM to Cars and Concepts and was pleased with their work. I would recommend them to anybody wanting a good alignment to specific settings. I'm going to have them do my 240 when I get around to changing out some suspension bits.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:48 PM
who stole my intercooler?

thanks guys, yeah, cars & concepts is what i was thinking of, just couldn't remember the name
Old 08-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Blasian Sensation

Took mine to Tire Kingdom, and told em the specs I wanted it set at.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Certifiable User

How do they properly align your car if it been considerably lowered? I thought that they could only adjust the tow of the wheels? I don't now much about alignments so I'm sorry if my question doesn't make much sense.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Now with less suck

Originally Posted by 1stEG6
How do they properly align your car if it been considerably lowered? I thought that they could only adjust the tow of the wheels? I don't now much about alignments so I'm sorry if my question doesn't make much sense.
Different cars have different levels of adjustability. What you've probably heard is that with stock suspension, many lowered cars end up at their extreme limits of adjustability to compensate for the reduced ride height. There are various aftermarket parts to help combat that as well. It can be as simple as cam bolts or eccentric bushings or as complex as camber plates and replacement control arms.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Certifiable User

Originally Posted by nunyo
Different cars have different levels of adjustability. What you've probably heard is that with stock suspension, many lowered cars end up at their extreme limits of adjustability to compensate for the reduced ride height. There are various aftermarket parts to help combat that as well. It can be as simple as cam bolts or eccentric bushings or as complex as camber plates and replacement control arms.
I have had on previous cars adjustable upper control arms to reduce the front camber. But what I was asking earlier was this... When I have taken my car to have it aligned the mechanic told me he couldn't do a proper four wheel alignment due to the fact the car had be lowered. He told me he could only adjust the tow. What I am wondering is, what else could he adjust if my car was at stock ride height?