Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

SCCA rallycross IN TAMPA!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:57 AM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink SCCA rallycross IN TAMPA!

It's just a matter of picking a date, I am working with CFR SCCA and we will most likely be holding a Rally cross on the track and infield of the speedway. I assume many of "the Treekiller" participants will attend. and I have a good feeling many rally rebels will show up. NOW a few questions. should I make the first event a regional SCCA rallycross OR a test and tune. would more of you show up for more track time or for structured classes and awards. regardless the track will afford us several cars on course at a time and should be a nice loooooong course.

Thanks in advance
Jeff Lloyd
Old 08-01-2007, 04:36 AM
The Fat Cobra

What speedway? When?
Old 08-01-2007, 05:26 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

What speedway?
The dirt track speedway out on SR52, it is on the left hand side as you head towards Brooksville airport or at least that is the one he brought up at the last SCCA meeting.

Jeff you should def post something up in the Subby forum, I would think they would be very interested in learning about this event.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 08-01-2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by chi town brat
The dirt track speedway out on SR52, it is on the left hand side as you head towards Brooksville airport or at least that is the one he brought up at the last SCCA meeting.
Dirt Devils...the kart track? Dirt Devils HomePage
Old 08-01-2007, 11:19 AM
legend behind the cowl

No I was working with dirt devils as a stop on the rally, that fell through (they were not motavated enough) I am refering to East bay speedway in Tampa, over by riverview.

Jeff
Old 08-01-2007, 11:29 AM

yea i dont think dirt devils is set up to run full size cars. I have only seen carts.. if you were talking about driving cars not carts on the track..???
Old 08-01-2007, 03:57 PM
legend behind the cowl

yea I was going to just have the rallyists do a touring lap on saturday before they began their carting but they blew me off.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by treekiller
yea I was going to just have the rallyists do a touring lap on saturday before they began their carting but they blew me off.

haha fucing bastards just blew you off
Old 08-06-2007, 09:13 PM
legend behind the cowl

Well Looks like East bay is back on... as expected CFR SCCA is like pulling teeth getting a straight answer on the event.. (not their fault they are just too big) so I have 3-4 sanctioning bodies working on it. perhaps I'll even have a series. for us guys tired of driving to miami.