Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

The Radical is back in action, July 7th & 8th @ Sebring

Old 07-02-2007, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tkrskyline
With NASA, I believe it was 4 25 minute sessions, and the traffic was not bad. Not as much time as chin, but still pretty decent giving you 8 sessions over a weekend.

Have you ever considered tracking out west? Spring mountain in NV is hbome to a huge group or Radicals and even has a Radical Loop configuration. My company is holding a race out there later in the year, and looks to be a great track.
It's gotten worse, now they only give a 30 and two 25's, just way too many run groups to have along with the races.

As far as Radicals, maybe one day when I have the time to transport it out there and fly and drive, but gotta stick to the southeast for the time being. There are a lot of radicals starting to pop up in Florida though, here's some of the ones that were at Sebring in May, there were at least five others not in the picture; I'm about mid way in there.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:31 PM

Some photos of us at Sebring this weekend.. Plus I got a shot of the black radical..
Also some shots of LD and his Dad..
There also was a nice old Mini there..

Sebring July

And a few shots of my latest BMW project.. All thrown into one album..

Enjoy..
B
Old 07-08-2007, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by bam2002
Some photos of us at Sebring this weekend.. Plus I got a shot of the black radical..
Also some shots of LD and his Dad..
There also was a nice old Mini there..

Sebring July

And a few shots of my latest BMW project.. All thrown into one album..

Enjoy..
B

Awesome pics. Unfortunately you caught me before the last session on Saturday because that's when i blew my transmission. So my Sunday was sleeping in, about to head home.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:39 PM

It is a motorcycle transmission? right?

based off the Busa engine?

Barry
Old 07-09-2007, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by bam2002
It is a motorcycle transmission? right?

based off the Busa engine?

Barry

Yeah, starts out as a busa motor, modified to dry sump, top end has the pistons, heads, etc. replaced going from 1300 to 1500 and a few other internals are different but the tranny is similar to stock; gearing and the gears themselves are different. It's going off to California Monday for rebuild, if the builder says it can be turned around quickly I'm going to air freight it out there so I can have the car running again for Moroso in two weeks.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:19 PM

Fun event. I was impressed with how well the camAro did out there, especially in the turns with new street tires (very little side wear) and in the braking zones, almost all of which were from >100. I got stuck in a lot of traffic part way through every session though, no doubt due to the large power reserves - I limited my downshifts to slow things down a bit. My apologies to those I was tailing and passing so closely, my instructor's course knowledge was outstanding but I feel he was much too "aggressive" with his passing advice given the diverse novice skill level.

V
Old 07-09-2007, 05:13 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

I agree with you Vivek that your instructor was aggresive and annoying but you drove well and that is a good thing.

I really enjoyed being out there. It was a lot to learn and I really need to learn down shifting. I was frustrated at the end of the day but on the ride home realized that learning something new is frustrating and fun.

I watched the Indy Race at Watkins Glenn on Sunday and everything Sandy (my instructor) was teaching me kicked in as I watched the camera from inside the car take the lap.

Sorry to hear about the transmission Radical.

I may have been passed a lot but I was able to walk away from some people out of turn 4 I believe.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 07-09-2007, 06:46 PM

I'm really glad to hear you guys had fun, it's a blast, I can't tell you how frustrating it is to have your car fail two events in a row... should know tomorrow if I'm going to be able to rapid fix the engine and have it back before my event in two weeks. If not, I'm buying a kart to pass the time, getting too rusty between events.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:36 AM

They are running a Radical Cup Race at Moroso on July 21st & 22nd. Each day will have a 30 min Practice a 30 min qualifying and a 30 min race.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 AM

I've been made aware that Moroso is running some type of DE offering that weekend as well so those that want to just go and drive can; I don't know the full details on it though, I was told by the Radical guys.