Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Myautoevents is now charging

Old 06-05-2007, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myautoevents is now charging

For future BMW CCA auto Xs we will list the even on Myautoevents.com . But you will not be able to register on that site. They are now charging for this, since we are working on our own web server that can accept pre payment we will not be using their system.

So untill future notice, Please email your name, car type and # to autox@24hr.us to register for our events. If we exceed the number of cars I will rely back to you stating this. If you dont get an email back then you are all set.

Thanks

Barry
Old 06-05-2007, 05:58 AM

Barry,

I see potential for unhappy "customers" using the method you describe. If someone sends you a registration email and you don't get it for some reason and they don't get on the list... you didn't reply to them, so they assume they're good... that's bad. Just my opinion, but I think you should always send a confirmation email.

And fix your sig!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 07:16 AM

Funny I never changed my Sig. So i dont know how it got that way. Fixed it any way..

YES i would agree that the ideal way would to send every one a Yes your on the list email. But there are times that I am on the road working and dont have time to review email to that server. So I mainly was going to do it when I was home.

Also we have not oversold any of the Auto Xs yet this year. So I dont see to many people signing up. The only problem I can see is if they miss the deadline. That is a no brainer.. you email past the cut off date you cant get it.

I am hoping to have the BMW site up in 2 months any way and we dont have an event in Aug. so this method would just be for June and july.

B
Old 06-05-2007, 08:00 AM
The Fat Cobra

I think Loren is right. Everyone should get a confirmation email. Don't be afraid to delegate that responsibility to someone else in the club.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:06 AM

Delegation is not an option.. Since the server is at my house and there is No remote access. I still can send out confirmations. It just may take a few days..
Old 06-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Mazing

hey barry, i sent you an email about this month's autox. am i on the entry list? if not, please sign me up. i don't see the entry list on myautoevents.com it just has info. maybe has something to do with the charging...
Old 06-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Yep got you on the list.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Mazing

alright cool. thanks.