Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Blazing Sandals I A.K.A. "Son Of Treekiller"

Old 04-27-2007, 11:33 AM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alizarin
Its not pace notes like a competition rally ("150 3 left minus tightens don't cut into 6 right opens long over crest"), its more like "Take left at 3rd billboard on right" and "Turn right at 1st St, travel for 2 miles, take left".

Don't get me wrong, I love rally pace notes (in fact, that's how I interpret auto-x courses) but its important to note that there is a (rather large) difference. Its more like reading the directions from Google Maps (or Mapquest if you prefer) from 1 location to another.
Those of us who are old enough to remember Subaru as "that funky little companay that made the Brat" Remember Pro rally before Pace notes were implemented. there were tulips for route and "saftey" notes but No Recce. and Pace notes were specifically banned. which I think It still might be in club rally.

To me that was True Rally The driver knew the turn was coming up and at what hundreth of a mile but had no Idea of the speed or severity, and had never seen the turn before taking it at speed. Now with Recce and Pre-runs. sure the competition is faster but some of the drivers skill has shifted to the navagator, and the driver is just taking instructions.

My NRI's are much more like traditional Pro Rally NRI's mileage to the tenth, your responsible for staying on time. I'll give you some of the ones I have

35.10 (tulip) Left at T
36.25 (tulip) !! YUMP
38.25 (tulip) Right at "Boggy"

Last edited by treekiller; 04-27-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:50 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

is the plan for a week night or a weekend night?

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 04-29-2007, 11:12 AM
legend behind the cowl

Friday or saturday
Old 04-30-2007, 09:00 PM
1140cc's of power

im down!!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Team 'Petersburg Puller

subscribed to thread for more information.

www.floridasportsman.com

Originally Posted by P057
"Wow I had a hard time understanding that... but from what I gather you found an open-box item that wasn't cheaper. You bought it anyways. You then called someone a dumbass while making fun of their misfortune of losing a job as you were leaving the store?

I'm surprised you were able to get out the store with that big "SUCKER" sign affixed to your back.
"
Old 05-01-2007, 10:27 AM
legend behind the cowl

wish there was more to tell at this point, I am still looking for workers, No-one wants to do a Do it yourself checkpoints. if we can help it. I need 2 teams of 2 people to work checkpoints

OLOA is consuming me right now.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Banned

Man this looks like a blast! Myself and a few of my buddies are very interested please P.M. me when you have the event completely set up.