Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

car prep for autocross?

Old 04-04-2007, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just remeber that the car has to be empty. Nothing loose. Glovebox empty. Floormats out.. Spare tire out if you want to save weight..
And a Snell 2000 or 2005 helmet..

Then take out the car and have fun..
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 PM
cone junkie

FWIW, the TC seems to be at least a decent choice for H-stock. Once you get a feel for driving, you can look more into if you want the prepare the car to be a bit more competative, but definately wait on that.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 04-04-2007, 09:48 PM
sandwich pimp

cool when i go ill make sure the things you guys listed are gone. and ill start looking for a helment. i have a system to in my car im going to take out the box but is cool to still have the amps in the car if the are screwed to the trunk floor? i really appreciate all the help you guys rock!

My religon is capitalism.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:49 AM

Anything that's solidly bolted down is okay to leave in the car.

Depending on which club you start with, you may find that loaner helmets are available. FAST has loaner helmets.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:54 AM

Default hi

i would go with koni shocks , and falken azeins for tires, that would be a good start
Old 04-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Run ur car not ur mouth

+1+1+1+1 to having fun... I just got into AutoX last year...I am using my daily driver that is really built to go slow in a straight line But this is how it usually works...You run in a novice category for a few events unless you take 1st then you are put into your class... +1 to staying in a stock class until you gain some experience. then worry about mods...The SCCA has a rule book on their website that can give you some pointers. The website is Sports Car Club of America Also when you are at an event there are instructors that will ride along and even drive your car to show you what it can do. HAVE FUN!!!

Originally Posted by mofobucs
I just floored it...every gear...streetracer style! My girl is still on the phone with the sheriff and all I hear her say is "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE ARE NO COPS ON 19?!?!"
Old 04-06-2007, 08:16 PM
sandwich pimp

thanks everyone for your support i am really excited about autoxing.

My religon is capitalism.