Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

BMW CCCA Mar 25th

Old 03-25-2007, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW CCCA Mar 25th

Good event we had some new insight in course design from a new person RE the turn around and ending.. So I think it was fun and challenging design.

We had 8 runs. A good turn out or 37 cars . even a vintage 500+ hp Firebird was getting down in the 50 sec time frame.
Danny in a Boxter had fast time of the day in the 46 sec time frame. I will post the time either late tonight or tomorrow. I will be putting them in Html format for the BMW web site during my flight tonight. So Im not sure if ill get them uploaded tonight.

Thanks for coming out.. The next event is our Yearly Car Control Clinic where we are working with New drivers.. on the 22nd. They Following autoX is the 29th. ( So we are looking for volunteers.)
We will be running a special AM 1 hour instructor led Auto X on the 29th in the AM with the drivers from CC. Then after that it will be a normal event..
Old 03-25-2007, 05:21 PM
The Fat Cobra

I had a great time, as usual. I also learned that Jason's car is indeed faster than mine. I only took it for one run and dropped 1.6 seconds off my fastest time in my car. I have some work to do on my suspension and alignment.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:25 AM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Originally Posted by Muddy
I had a great time, as usual. I also learned that Jason's car is indeed faster than mine. I only took it for one run and dropped 1.6 seconds off my fastest time in my car. I have some work to do on my suspension and alignment.
Unfortunately it looks like the car is way faster than its driver at the moment, heh.

It's always refreshing to have someone else jump in your car and give you something to shoot for, haha.

As low as you are, you should be able to get some nice camber numbers in the front!

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!

Last edited by jaball77; 03-26-2007 at 05:28 AM.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:57 AM
The Fat Cobra

I'll start with the free stuff, so I will reconnect the rear swaybar. Sometime in May I will get the alignment done.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:37 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

I liked the course design yesterday, once released from grid with my new happy addition and modifications I can't wait to get back out on course.

It was a nice opportunity to meet Danny and watch him drive. If I ever have the opp I would really like to take him out on course with me to get pointers.

The one day a car as big as Vivek's came out he had to work Oh well there is always next time

Looking forward to the car control clinic as well, I'll let Russ know we are in for volunteer work.

Looking forward to this weekend as well, I hope Team BMW kicks butt.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 03-26-2007, 01:34 PM

Results posted.. I need to add JAN into the spreadsheet, but here is Feb and Mar.

http://www.fscbmwcca.org/results06.html

I stuck it in instead of the 06 reults Ill have web master fix that later.

B
Old 03-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Originally Posted by Muddy
I'll start with the free stuff, so I will reconnect the rear swaybar. Sometime in May I will get the alignment done.
Just crank the cam bolts all the way out and see what happens.

By the way - did you use first gear in my car? I'm trying to figure out where those 1.8 seconds went, haha.

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!
Old 03-26-2007, 03:54 PM
The Fat Cobra

You looked good from my vantage point at station 2. I guess you needed more gas and less brakes.

I am always happy to ride along or let others ride along and do my best to give pointers. I am no national champion, but I am always happy to help.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:51 PM

I want to give a shout out to Barry, since this was the funnest course all year. I will have video out by Wednesday. I have not watched, but my car was a little dicey where all of you Miata guys decided to flat do some trick drivin'. I actually liked the turn around it was tight, but like a sidestreet tight not an alley way...but that dam chicane before the end! I can't wait till next month...and find that second I left out there this time!
Old 03-27-2007, 03:59 AM

Thanks to Barry, an excellent job as always.
I hope that Macdill Lt. enjoyed his ride.
Muddy gave him a ride so he could see what Fast was.

Thanks to Muddy for all the instructional runs.
My fastest time was with you as a passenger.

That course ending looked a lot like the one Ralph and I stole from the Vette guys.