Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

BMW CCCA Mar 25th

Old 03-27-2007, 05:34 AM
The Fat Cobra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have posted video, but streetfire is dragging their ass about finishing it.

Video - An autox run at Brooksville on 3/25/07 with the BMWCCA.

I didn't like the "sea of cones" finish. I prefer to keep things simple. I had the same idea for the turn around as Barry used this time. I liked it. It would have been used at the FAST event last weekend if I didn't have to be out of town.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:09 AM

Good job Mark you had a very good time..

Yea Muddy I didnt do the turn around or the end.. I had some help, I did like the turn around also.. And let the helpers do the ending. So I didnt really go back and change anything.. I asked them to make sure we would be slowing the cars down and they did just that.. Also any time you have some Ideas.. RE course design let me know.. I am always looking for new things to throw into the design..

B
Old 03-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Wanna buy a monkey?

I have to offer a dissenting opinion...

I was not a fan of the course. I didn't like the big over-and-back u-turn element, I wasn't a fan of the turnaround, and I didn't care for the finish.

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!
Old 03-28-2007, 03:41 AM

Well I was going to be quiet about Dennis' comment, but I agree with Jason about the course design.
No disrespect to Dennis or Bam, but not my favorite BMW course.
On the other hand, I understand wanting to let new people get involved with the design. You have to.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:49 AM

Muddy I cant get you video to play. I have been on my laptop at 3 differnt locations and I hit play and it just says Done. Ill try it at home tonight.

I really liked the turn around portion.. Re the last gate , the Right turn then the 3 cone slalom. That was pretty difficult for me. But I was able to figure it out..

we can do a tight slalom at the end of the next one to slow every one down..

Or If any one wants to come out and help with set up and design.. We go out around 4 the day before.. Just PM me..

Barry
Old 03-28-2007, 05:17 PM
The Fat Cobra

I have had enough of streetfire. I loaded that video twice and it still isn't available. I will host it elsewhere later this week.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Originally Posted by Muddy
I have had enough of streetfire. I loaded that video twice and it still isn't available. I will host it elsewhere later this week.
Google video FTW.

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:32 PM
The Fat Cobra

Originally Posted by bam2002
Muddy I cant get you video to play. I have been on my laptop at 3 differnt locations and I hit play and it just says Done. Ill try it at home tonight.
The video now works.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:37 AM

Thanks for the video Muddy.
I wish I could get my tires to squeal like that. Especially at the finish.
Lt. MacDill seemed very happy with the ride.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:55 AM
The Fat Cobra

It is a lot easier to make street tires squeal than race tires. I think most of the squealing was from terminal understeer, as well. I reconnected the rear swaybar in an attempt to balance it out. I will find out how well that works at Gainesville on Sunday.